kia stinger store

5 things I hate my Stinger GT

Coldbread

Fake center lock wheels
Fake vents
Super-sensitive Nappa Leather
Restricted rear view
And the #1 thing I hate: the warning system that slams the brakes early when you are (still safely) coning up fast behind a car
I hate the FCA (Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist). You can turn it off but every time you turn the car back on the car automatically turns the FCA (Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist) assist on. Why allow the driver to turn it off if you're going to just turn it back on every time. I've only had my car for 2 months and I almost got rear ended twice because of that crap.

Kia really needs to get on that before they get hit with a lawsuit for causing an accident.

ht_addict

I hate the FCA (Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist) (Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist). You can turn it off but every time you turn the car back on the car automatically turns the FCA (Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist) (Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist) assist on. Why allow the driver to turn it off if you're going to just turn it back on every time. I've only had my car for 2 months and I almost got rear ended twice because of that crap.

Kia really needs to get on that before they get hit with a lawsuit for causing an accident.
Change the setting to only beep. That's what I have mine at.

rpoffen

California
I hate the FCA (Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist) (Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist). You can turn it off but every time you turn the car back on the car automatically turns the FCA (Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist) (Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist) assist on. Why allow the driver to turn it off if you're going to just turn it back on every time. I've only had my car for 2 months and I almost got rear ended twice because of that crap.

Why would Kia get sued because the guy behind you was following too close and/or not paying attention?

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
And if you’re distracted like anyone could be and run over a little kid because you shut that off. That’s why I never shut it off
Really? You can't just drive the car now that these nannies have been included? What happened to "just drive the car"? Either the driver is good enough, or we are all doomed to having The State take over our driving as well. (I'll say this about people using their nannies to watch out for them: they mostly turn their attention toward their damned cellphones and end up driving like drunks: this encourages The State to treat them like drunks and the rest of us will suffer for it.)

Coldbread

Change the setting to only beep. That's what I have mine at.
The FCA (Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist) turns back to assist every time you turn the ignition back on. That is by design, there is a warning in the owners manual that confirms this. I would check to see if yours is back on, I thought it was off too until it kicked back on.

And if you’re distracted like anyone could be and run over a little kid because you shut that off. That’s why I never shut it off
Assuming that you will hit a little kid because you're distracted and shut off forward collision assist is a little too far. That just seems like you're trying to use fear to push your point. You can easily say that FCA (Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist) kicks on when you're in complete control, then a small light car (like a Prius) rear ends you hard because the car forced you to brake hard when you didn't need to. There happened to be a baby in that Prius and the parent didn't strap the baby seat down well enough. The FCA (Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist) just killed a baby. That whole thing now just seems counter productive and ridiculous.

Why would Kia get sued because the guy behind you was following too close and/or not paying attention?
The guy behind you doesn't need to be following too close or not paying attention. The FCA (Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist) brakes aggressively and unpredictability is what would cause an accident. They don't expect you to brake hard and more times than not a person reacting to your action will lose. The driver behind you can even pay attention to the car in front of you and see you have space. Then all of a sudden the FCA (Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist) kicks in because the car thinks you're not paying attention and the person behind you doesn't react fast enough. Then someone at that point can be injured which leads to Kia getting sued because of the FCA (Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist).

I'm not saying get rid of the FCA (Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist), but allow the user to choose to have it or not and let them deal with the consequences if they do come up. Like what Merlin said, you don't need a nanny to drive with you.

SpaceGhost

You guys do what you want with the FCA (Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist). I'm leaving it on. Maybe I'm sensitive because a couple of kids were hit and killed at crosswalk (at night) near my house a few years ago.

I couldn't find how many people are hit in total but over 10 years 49,000 pedestrians were killed by being hit

Now maybe you're like superman but I am human and I don't mind a little beep beep beep or brakes.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
You guys do what you want with the FCA (Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist) (Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist). I'm leaving it on. Maybe I'm sensitive because a couple of kids were hit and killed at crosswalk (at night) near my house a few years ago.

I couldn't find how many people are hit in total but over 10 years 49,000 pedestrians were killed by being hit

Now maybe you're like superman but I am human and I don't mind a little beep beep beep or brakes.
This is fine with me: as long as "they" leave me with freedom to choose: but that's not the way our world is going lately.

SpaceGhost

This is fine with me: as long as "they" leave me with freedom to choose: but that's not the way our world is going lately.
You’re right about that and I’m not sure there’s much that can be done to stop it. As the Democrats become more and more in control of everything in our life you know sooner or later they’ll say computers can drive cars better than people. Computers can’t drive a car on the same road with people. Therefore people are not going to drive anymore.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Oo! You used the "D" word on our car forum. :p

Nasscar

2500 Posts Club!
Perth, Western Australia
The only thing I don’t like on my 2021 GT Line is the halogen headlights. I mean come on man, at this price point it could at least have HIDs if not LEDs. Plus they look like crap with the LED DRLs. Looks like yellow candles in the center of the bright white LEDs.
You should of gone for the GT which has LEDs all around.

Vonrichthofen

Not when I’m paying off college loans for two kids that both went to a private college. Besides, I had numerous hot cars before I had kids, so being the fastest thing on the road wasn’t as important as bang for the buck. And as I said, it’s the only thing I don’t favor on the car.

jays2000

Does anyone else have an issue with banging their right knee on the bottom of the steering column when entering the car?

I've never had this issue before in previous cars. Whenever I enter the car and slide into the driver's seat I need to be extremely careful that I don't bang my right knee against the bottom of the steering column (i.e. where the manually adjustable steering lever is). I have a 2022 GT1 model, so the tilt/telescopic steering wheel is manually adjustable. I don't have the motorized function.

It's a really annoying issue for me. I've lowered the driver seat as low as it can go, and raised the steering wheel as high as it can go. But I'll still hit my knee if I'm not careful. Ugh.
I don't hit the steering column, but instead the buttons just to the left... I couldn't figure out how my gas tank cover kept popping open until I realized that my knee routinely brushes that area whenever I get in.

jays2000

I love my car but the latest nav system update took some steps backward.

Besides the hard to read purple-on-black theme throughout, the Radio screen is poorly designed. First it took finding an inscrutable menu option to enable song and artist info (it's the hamburger menu on the top left of the radio screen; check the "Info" option) but the worst part is that they wasted 60% of the screen to display the station frequency, leaving all of 2"x1" for the album art, artist, and song... which are almost always cut off.

A much better use of space would be to swap the light bulb-themed frequency with the tiny area currently reserved for the station and song info.

IMG_7802.jpeg

Also, the radio antenna strength itself is weak. My favorite station (103.7 in the DFW area) comes in poorly over HD and routinely drops in and out of HD. My other vehicles never had a problem tuning in this station.

/rant

ht_addict

I love my car but the latest nav system update took some steps backward.

Besides the hard to read purple-on-black theme throughout, the Radio screen is poorly designed. First it took finding an inscrutable menu option to enable song and artist info (it's the hamburger menu on the top left of the radio screen; check the "Info" option) but the worst part is that they wasted 60% of the screen to display the station frequency, leaving all of 2"x1" for the album art, artist, and song... which are almost always cut off.

A much better use of space would be to swap the light bulb-themed frequency with the tiny area currently reserved for the station and song info.

View attachment 59961

Also, the radio antenna strength itself is weak. My favorite station (103.7 in the DFW area) comes in poorly over HD and routinely drops in and out of HD. My other vehicles never had a problem tuning in this station.

/rant
Personally I like the new look. Album art is nice, like it on my Portable DAP, but the radio in the car is for listening to. Rather keep my eyes on the road than looking about a picture on a screen. To much going on inside the cars nowadays. It's taking away from drivers attention.