kia stinger store

5 things I hate my Stinger GT

SpaceGhost

Yours slams on the brakes!! I can’t get my 2022 Stinger show any sign of stopping even when I scare my wife and myself. I can’t get it work at all.
It's adjustable maybe you have yours in the more aggressive mode. I'd like to shut mine off but there was a case a few years ago where two kids were killed in a crosswalk near my house. Keep thinking what if I shut it off and something happens. Couldn't live with that

OneIota

Sustaining Member
It's adjustable maybe you have yours in the more aggressive mode. I'd like to shut mine off but there was a case a few years ago where two kids were killed in a crosswalk near my house. Keep thinking what if I shut it off and something happens. Couldn't live with that
The pedestrian part of this video gave me some assurance before buying my car

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
no doubt there is a number of annoying recurring actions ...the car does when shutoff.....still It's an awesome car at the pumps with the looks and comments....just don't boast about the thimble sized fuel cell....

Yours slams on the brakes!! I can’t get my 2022 Stinger show any sign of stopping even when I scare my wife and myself. I can’t get it work at all.
Do you have the GT2 (or GT Limited as it is called in Canada)? I think only the highest trim level had this. I believe if your car has the front camera, you should have this "feature"

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
I dunno if ''hate'' is the right word but woulda ,shoulda ,coulda seems right with my car and it's inequities.

Ron

NYC
I have the GT2 AWD and its excellent in every area except when the brakes start shuddering and the steering wheel starts vibrating.
Every car has something that the owner doesn't love or wishes that the vehicle would have.
Every vehicle.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW

Sushi

Vancouver, Canada
I have the GT2 AWD and its excellent in every area except when the brakes start shuddering and the steering wheel starts vibrating.
Every car has something that the owner doesn't love or wishes that the vehicle would have.
Every vehicle.
That doesn't sound normal or natural. I've had to do some sudden stops before and it doesn't happen on my car.

Ron

NYC
Just noticed you don't have the US model that's probably why its not happening on your vehicle.
Check the forum re brakes...Its a common recurring problem .
This is my 2nd GT2, i had a 2018 and now a 2020 and the brakes are starting to shudder with 12000 miles

SpaceGhost

Just noticed you don't have the US model that's probably why its not happening on your vehicle.
This is my 2nd GT2, i had a 2018 and now a 2020 and the brakes are starting to shudder with 12000 miles
I have two 2018 gt2 and 2010 gt1. only one has the shudder

SpaceGhost

Do you think the upper US gets a different model than the lower US? Probably not

Maljey

Pittsburgh, PA
Does anyone else have an issue with banging their right knee on the bottom of the steering column when entering the car?

I've never had this issue before in previous cars. Whenever I enter the car and slide into the driver's seat I need to be extremely careful that I don't bang my right knee against the bottom of the steering column (i.e. where the manually adjustable steering lever is). I have a 2022 GT1 model, so the tilt/telescopic steering wheel is manually adjustable. I don't have the motorized function.

It's a really annoying issue for me. I've lowered the driver seat as low as it can go, and raised the steering wheel as high as it can go. But I'll still hit my knee if I'm not careful. Ugh.

ht_addict

Does anyone else have an issue with banging their right knee on the bottom of the steering column when entering the car?

I've never had this issue before in previous cars. Whenever I enter the car and slide into the driver's seat I need to be extremely careful that I don't bang my right knee against the bottom of the steering column (i.e. where the manually adjustable steering lever is). I have a 2022 GT1 model, so the tilt/telescopic steering wheel is manually adjustable. I don't have the motorized function.

It's a really annoying issue for me. I've lowered the driver seat as low as it can go, and raised the steering wheel as high as it can go. But I'll still hit my knee if I'm not careful. Ugh.
Set your seat to fully retract when you turn off the car. That's what I did.