kia stinger store

5 things I hate my Stinger GT

Spyder168

I hate the fact that I cannot just flip up my wipers. I was not aware of that and almost scratched the hell out of the hood when I went to flip them up. Maybe others had this covered in delivery? It is the first time I have had a vehicle with that issue and I feel it is a big enough item that it should have been covered.
It's in the owners manual, that I read all of, the first night I bought it. Just a thought.

silvanspirit

Newish Member
Bratislava, SVK
AUTO lights + rain sensor -> not switching on full lights when it's raining. Maybe I have not waited long enough, but my Citroen switched from DRL to full lights after about 5 wiper cycles when it started raining.

Maybe this is common, because nowadays I see a 1/3 of the cars driving with DRL only (so rear lights off) when it's pouring down. They also have no idea what I mean when I flash my lights at them. Dear invisible gray car with tons of water spray behind you and no lights, turn your sodding lights on!
The other third feel an urge to use their fog ligths, so that they reflect nicely off of the wet roads - screw you too. /rant

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
AUTO lights + rain sensor -> not switching on full lights when it's raining. Maybe I have not waited long enough, but my Citroen switched from DRL to full lights after about 5 wiper cycles when it started raining.

Maybe this is common, because nowadays I see a 1/3 of the cars driving with DRL only (so rear lights off) when it's pouring down. They also have no idea what I mean when I flash my lights at them. Dear invisible gray car with tons of water spray behind you and no lights, turn your sodding lights on!
The other third feel an urge to use their fog ligths, so that they reflect nicely off of the wet roads - screw you too. /rant
It doesn't have to be raining to catch the dimwitted with drl's on and nothing else...or the stoners with illuminated dash lights on and NOTHING LIT ,front or back.....Cops just love puling them over.

I use my fogs all the time.....course I'm in a semi and I insist you see me coming ...........it's a matter of self preservation for me.

WRXtoStingerGT

1000 Posts Club!
USA
I wish cops would pull those idiots over, they're a plague around here. I flash them but nobody ever gets the hint.
^ this

or my personal favorite... watching someone drink their Starbucks coffee with one hand and hold the phone to their ear with the other or put a donut in their mouth lmfao!

Licorice

OK, it's been nearly 3 months of ownership for me, and I've got a few annoyances/disappointments. I wouldn't call them "hates" - far too strong a word. Just "Ahh, I wish my Stinger had this..."

- fog lights. No fog lights, not even as an option?!?! Sorry, but those front canard thingies are just begging to be fog lights. But I'm not real keen on any of the aftermarket things I've seen, would much prefer something OEM.
- black material for the pillars/headliner. Not sure if other car colours have black headliners, but my ghost grey has grey pillars/headliner and it sticks out like a sore thumb when you're looking in from the outside.
- standy-up wiper arms. Up here in the Great White North, it's handy in the winter to prop your wiper arms up when freezing rain or snow is expected. Or even 'heated wiper blades' like my Forte Koup had (it was really just the area where the blades rested on the windshield that was heated, but it helped when warming up yer car) - that might've been a compromise.
- more nooks and crannies in the front compartment for storing things like change, phone, wallet, and other bits and bobs.

However, in no way am I unhappy with my purchase ... it's a beautiful car and I thoroughly enjoy driving it every chance I get! :thumbup:

vipeboy2000

Middle Tennessee
OK, it's been nearly 3 months of ownership for me, and I've got a few annoyances/disappointments. I wouldn't call them "hates" - far too strong a word. Just "Ahh, I wish my Stinger had this..."

- fog lights. No fog lights, not even as an option?!?! Sorry, but those front canard thingies are just begging to be fog lights. But I'm not real keen on any of the aftermarket things I've seen, would much prefer something OEM.
- black material for the pillars/headliner. Not sure if other car colours have black headliners, but my ghost grey has grey pillars/headliner and it sticks out like a sore thumb when you're looking in from the outside.
- standy-up wiper arms. Up here in the Great White North, it's handy in the winter to prop your wiper arms up when freezing rain or snow is expected. Or even 'heated wiper blades' like my Forte Koup had (it was really just the area where the blades rested on the windshield that was heated, but it helped when warming up yer car) - that might've been a compromise.
- more nooks and crannies in the front compartment for storing things like change, phone, wallet, and other bits and bobs.

However, in no way am I unhappy with my purchase ... it's a beautiful car and I thoroughly enjoy driving it every chance I get! :thumbup:
i do wish we had fogs as well... yes some have black, my Indigo has the black "alcantara" headliner and it looks great.
to stand up the wipers, put them in maintenance mode when parking, then you can stand them up. 1623250265492.png
I can't wait to get mine back on the road !! :cry:

Licorice

i do wish we had fogs as well... yes some have black, my Indigo has the black "alcantara" headliner and it looks great.
to stand up the wipers, put them in maintenance mode when parking, then you can stand them up. View attachment 59632
I can't wait to get mine back on the road !! :cry:
Ahhh, OK, thanks! Now that you mention it, I do recall either reading something in here or in the owner's manual but I didn't completely *get* that it was to stand them up and away from the windshield. Good to know! :)

Vonrichthofen

The only thing I don’t like on my 2021 GT Line is the halogen headlights. I mean come on man, at this price point it could at least have HIDs if not LEDs. Plus they look like crap with the LED DRLs. Looks like yellow candles in the center of the bright white LEDs.

Transmetal

The fog light thing is spot on! Way too much front bumper left to not have fog lights. Front end looks unfinished without them imo.

Pretty sure this is the 1st car I've owned that doesn't have them. I do a lot of night driving on dark roads, anybody that says the extra light doesn't help, I'm not buying it. Supposedly, the reasoning is because of the dynamic light bending that moves with the steering wheel. Well, I only have a base gt. I don't have that feature and I'd rather have fogs anyways. Lower trim models have them, Forte, maybe the Optima.

Another thing I can't believe we don't have. Backlighting on the control stocks. Headlights/wipers, how are they not backlit? Again, most if not all of my Pontiac's had this feature, the last one I owned being a 2007. That's a long time ago, if that had it, why can't my 2020?

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
The fog light thing is spot on! Way too much front bumper left to not have fog lights. Front end looks unfinished without them imo.

Pretty sure this is the 1st car I've owned that doesn't have them. I do a lot of night driving on dark roads, anybody that says the extra light doesn't help, I'm not buying it. Supposedly, the reasoning is because of the dynamic light bending that moves with the steering wheel. Well, I only have a base gt. I don't have that feature and I'd rather have fogs anyways. Lower trim models have them, Forte, maybe the Optima.

Another thing I can't believe we don't have. Backlighting on the control stocks. Headlights/wipers, how are they not backlit? Again, most if not all of my Pontiac's had this feature, the last one I owned being a 2007. That's a long time ago, if that had it, why can't my 2020?
All valid reasons...I too hate the idea or zero fog lamp option...also although our base models are close to spec on the early gt models.....Some added features would of been nice......adaptive cruise for one......

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
maybe a trip to auto zone for some added lighting ideas as long as it doesn't get too ''you could be a redneck'' addition.

RedCal

1000 Posts Club!
Toronto, ON

You can get a centre console organizer that increases the useable space a fair bit (adds a second level) and they are not expensive

Transmetal

maybe a trip to auto zone for some added lighting ideas as long as it doesn't get too ''you could be a redneck'' addition.
I'll most likely add the drl switchback lights at some point, just not too keen on removing the front bumper. They look the most oem but they not cheap.

rpoffen

California
I'll most likely add the drl switchback lights at some point, just not too keen on removing the front bumper. They look the most oem but they not cheap.
Removing the front bumper cover is pretty easy. 10 minutes or so.

Roypw

Newish Member
Fake center lock wheels
Fake vents
Super-sensitive Nappa Leather
Restricted rear view
And the #1 thing I hate: the warning system that slams the brakes early when you are (still safely) coning up fast behind a car
Yours slams on the brakes!! I can’t get my 2022 Stinger show any sign of stopping even when I scare my wife and myself. I can’t get it work at all.

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
Of course this is with all the new cars today. No way to just play the tunes while cleaning or just hanging out. The warning comes up then it auto shuts everything down. Old school cars were cool in this area.

SpaceGhost

In no particular order
1. Transmission - slow shifting paddles, doesn't drop enough gears when punched at highway speed, should be a dsg, should have a manual option
2. Brakes - shuddering is one thing but the tuning of the anti locks is way too aggressive
3 Tires - 225 for a 4K lb car come on man
4 No rear diff on the awd version, no option to put in RWD mode. There is a fuse for the awd just a on/off switch
5 Traction control is way too aggressive. I had a GTI before and it would let you get a little bit of spin but no the Stinger the second there is a mm of spin the traction control shuts everything down. BTW if I shut it off leave it off. Same with modes and the Democrat regulator button (engine off). Everytime I start the car mode to custom, traction off, and no engine shut off. fcking annoying