5 things I hate my Stinger GT

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
The "windows" unfold?:D Mirrors, I saw mirrors unfold. The doors can all be opened on one push of the black button. It's a setting option. I use push twice to open all doors.

"Beeeeeep!" I hear nothing, because the beep is emanating from inside the car. :D

That gas tank is a lot bigger than your bladder. :laugh: Even at your age. :laugh:

There is no "trunk" release button on my GT1 either. The GT2 button - in the cabin or on the fob - triggers the motorized hatch lid, open, close (I believe, from what I've heard): but just standing in close proximity to the hatch lid on the GT2 causes it to raise, no button pushing necessary. Yes, lack of a hatch lid button inside the GT/GT1 is annoying, at first. I never use the "trunk" button on the fob. I think I tried it early on and just decided that finding the button on the hatch lid is fine. I'd been doing that for years and years with my mini van hatch lid anyway.

Well, those five "hates" are the most minor things you could be afflicted with. That's good! (Funny video.)

Gui

3 things only here:
- when I m in manual, I d like to stay in manual. I hate when it goes back to Drive by itself
- option to manually close the trunk. Annoying when it s a little loaded and something soft is slightly blocking it, it goes back up...
- the standard exhaust that is a joke. Hopefully I took care of this. For those interested (especially in Europe), I got the Bastuck with flaps. Sounds amazing.

The rest is secondary but it's even hard to find something else...
Maybe too many Drive modes... not sure what's really Smart about Smart. Looks a lot like Eco..so could be combined with Eco or Comfort

2Slo4u

Smart Drive mode is basically ECO when you are casually driving and it will disengage the drive train when you are coasting but will change to Sport when your foot starts to get aggressive on the throttle

Sushi

Vancouver, Canada
1. Doesn't remember the last drive mode unless it's eco.
2. Having to press the black button for keyless entry when they could have made it touch activated.
3. The backup camera is very subpar for the price of the car and almost useless at night compared to a 2018 BMW X1 I used for almost a month.
4. Small gas tank.

Fake center lock wheels
Fake vents
Super-sensitive Nappa Leather
Restricted rear view
And the #1 thing I hate: the warning system that slams the brakes early when you are (still safely) coning up fast behind a car

TimT

3 things only here:
- when I m in manual, I d like to stay in manual. I hate when it goes back to Drive by itself
- option to manually close the trunk. Annoying when it s a little loaded and something soft is slightly blocking it, it goes back up...
- the standard exhaust that is a joke. Hopefully I took care of this. For those interested (especially in Europe), I got the Bastuck with flaps. Sounds amazing.

The rest is secondary but it's even hard to find something else...
Maybe too many Drive modes... not sure what's really Smart about Smart. Looks a lot like Eco..so could be combined with Eco or Comfort
I love SMART when for day to day driving as it switches nicely between eco and comfort for smaller passings but I've tried it a few times when out with the boys properly flooring it and the LAG is HORRENDOUS(!!!) when I want to floor it and go from eco / comfort to sport.

Aarvix

North TX
My custom mode is basically ECO mode, that way I'm only one notch away from SPORT when I need it.
Like Tim said, SMART is way too slow to switch to SPORT when you need power NOW!

turboAWD

Sustaining Member
West Coast
3 things only here:
Sounds like you're in a GT2 (fancy / electronic shifter)? Yeah, that's why I went with a GT1 and manual shifter. However, I think if you disable traction control (maybe level 2 disable) and in sport, it may not go back to drive by itself..

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
However, I think if you disable traction control (maybe level 2 disable) and in sport, it may not go back to drive by itself..
That's true. Until you come to a full stop, then it switches to "D". Easy enough, you just pull on the right paddle and it goes instantly into "1".

MANPADS

Newish Member
I've got a button to open my gas cap unless I'm somehow misunderstanding you?
No, I don't much care for the fact that you have to push a button to open the gas cap. Other cars you can push on the cap itself and it will pop open, or there is a latch. To me it is just one more little thing that can get stuck and become a PITA

turboAWD

Sustaining Member
West Coast
No way to permanently disable auto start/stop, or change how it works.
There are several (non-OEM, admittedly) solutions on this forum. There's a little box you can install (3 wires or something), you can just permanently short the wire, or some people just jam something into the bezel to keep the button pushed.

7Andrei7

Bucharest, Romania
1. A few squeaks and rattles.
2. Rain sensors very slow to react to tunnels/splash from other cars.
3. Aluminium strip on the right side of the dash is very easy to scratch/chip and impossible to replace by itself :((
4. Gas tank is 10 litres too small.
Still love it.

Sushi

Vancouver, Canada
No, I don't much care for the fact that you have to push a button to open the gas cap. Other cars you can push on the cap itself and it will pop open, or there is a latch. To me it is just one more little thing that can get stuck and become a PITA
Ahh I gotcha now just like on my family's BMW. I guess it's all a matter of preference. I rather not allow strangers access to my gas tank.