Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

<40K for a GT2?

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by AnyVare, Oct 25, 2018.

1. AnyVare

AnyVare United States Active Member

Wow! It's just amazing and scary that a 2018 GT2 can now be purchased for under 40K USD. I don't know if this is a good thing or if it foreshadows some serious doom & gloom for the Stinger holding it's value. Especially since the 2019's are still being listed >50K. What are your thoughts?

2. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

Link?

3. Bugout

Bugout United States Member

I paid 37,800 for my GT2 AWD.. End of model year plus end of quarter makes the dealers very aggressive.

4. Darth Stinger

Darth Stinger United States Member

There’s a dealer in Florida listing some around $41K on Cars.com too.

5. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

That's not unusual, they need to move the vehicles or get stuck with them. So dealers are now they are willing to do what it takes. KIA might also be offering them some money to move them out aside from what we see advertised for customers. A quick search or cars.com shows over 3500 2018s out there. As we know all dealers don't advertise there, so there are even more left over 2018s. They need to sell these cars and any dealers out there that were holding out for big profits by marking them up to ridiculous numbers are going to have to be aggressive to sell their remaining stock.

KIA will cut off the incentives after a point so dealers will either have to buy them for their loaner fleet or get stuck with the cars on their lot.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  6. Menissalt

Menissalt United States Member

Until the 31st they have $8700 in lease incentives for the 2018 AWD GT2. I leased one Saturday and that's what I got. Went back Monday to get a 2019 RWD though.

7. Waynerm002

Dealers should be doing better than 10% off these days plus the lease incentive. If they are selling for @ $40k with 0% interest that's good too. November might get some better incentives too with so many still on the market.

8. Audible Silence

Audible Silence United States Active Member

I'll take a gt2 for 38 vs a 19 gt1

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. TimS

TimS United States Member

Definitely believe it - I got my GT2 for a hair over $40k, and I am sure if I had the skills some guys on this forum do, I could have gotten them to shave it down to under $40k.

And it doesn't surprise me - in fact, I was anticipating it. The 19s have been hitting showrooms, and the 18s have to go. If you're willing to look at the current MY as the next MY are released, there are great deals to be had. :)

-Tim

10. Waynerm002

Plus, doing a check on KBB, you’ll be right at what the car is worth instead of looking 20-25% of value when you drive off.

11. zoop

zoop United States Member

Can you post the breakdown of your deal... at that price I might still take the plunge.

12. Bugout

Bugout United States Member

13. Waynerm002

It’s the end of the month, if you really want one, you can use the below or @ $40K as your price when making the deal.

14. zoop

zoop United States Member

Thanks. It looks like you are one of the lucky ones that managed to get in that short window where they accidentally allowed the $3000 conquest rebate as well as the $7700 lease cash, is that right? I dont think they're allowing the $3000 conquest rebate to stack anymore, but I do see some people getting up to $6-7k dealer discounts which makes the price close to what you got but not quite under 40k.

15. Waynerm002

Remember, it's the end of the month so you can work the dealer for a better price if you are ready to go.

16. Doel

Doel United States Active Member

yeah, he got lucky and found a dumb dealer who added them together, they won't make that mistake again when Kia charges them an extra 3k for doing it. When he actually buys it out he's going to be over 40k with the extra taxes and fees.

17. Mach_Tuck

Mach_Tuck United States 1000 Posts Club!

I picked up my 18 Limited Edition Yellow in Mar for $41K after some extended negotiations and $6700 in lease cash. This was right after it hit the showroom so id expect sub 40K easily at this point for any 18s still in stock.

If you can swing either a conquest or loyatly bonus too...even better!!!

Bottom line...know what YOU are willing to pay and dont let them tell you what you can afford.

18. Doel

I disagree, I bought my GT1 3 weeks ago and buying a GT2 for under 40k OTD is impossible unless you get really really lucky. You should aim for a discount in the 10-12% range off msrp, you'll be surprised how many dealers are still unwilling to even hit 10% off. For a GT2, 5k off for dealer discount plus 7k off for lease deal gets you to around 40k. Add in all the fees and tax, you're looking at around 44-45k OTD. I would say that's a reasonable expectation right now. If you're having to get financing, your true OTD price is going to be an extra 3-4k over that.

19. Mach_Tuck

Mach_Tuck United States 1000 Posts Club!

Apologies, you are correct...my OTD price was around $45k after taxes and fees. I was considering purchase only with my post with regard to sub 40k.

20. Doel

It's hard to figure out what people are paying, half of us say our "otd" price and the other half say the price before all the fees and taxes. I went in thinking I could also get a GT2 for near 40k because I saw that number on here, the first time I tried to get a dealer to drop the price low enough to get it OTD at that price he pretty much laughed at me. If they think you're low balling them they won't take you seriously and you'll never get their real "lowest price".

Draft saved Draft deleted