Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Dealer Markup $4000 markup for unecessary items and $5000 markup for color!

Discussion in 'The Stinger Dealership Experience' started by Jaychang1, May 16, 2018.

1. Jaychang1

Jaychang1 United States Newish Member

Kia Store in Elizabethtown, KY currently has a Micro blue GT2 on the showroom floor with a final cost of $56,500 while the car has an MSRP of $52,500 for 1. mud flaps 2. scotch-guard 3. nitrogen in the tires and 4. pinstripes (which the car does not have). They also advertise a Sunset Yellow GT for $41,500 on the KIA site and on there own site, the internet price is also $41,500. When you go to the dealership, the MSRP sticker price is $41,500 with a final price on the car for $46,500 with the $4995 mark-up for the limited edition Sunset Yellow paint.

2. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

That paint must have crushed up diamonds in it. Sheesh, who falls for these tactics?

• Like Like x 1
  3. There are plenty of people who fall for these. Believe it or not, there are people who come in and pay MSRP just like they would a gallon of milk..it's crazy.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kamauxx

Oh, I know people fall for it, but...why?! How can someone be that stupid and still amass enough money to spend over MSRP on a car?

As the saying goes, "there's an ass for every seat."

• Like Like x 1
  5. ajmitchell77

ajmitchell77 United States Newish Member

This kind of thing is what I was experiencing with all 4 of the KIA stores in the Louisville area. All are under one onwership as far as I understand it.

My solution was to reach out to KIA of Muncie. Not too far of a drive and no games. Good luck in your quest!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Thank goodness we live in the age of the internet. Literally all the information in the world at our fingertips, and global shopping from our armchairs. Granted transportation cost on a car is not nominal, but workable. Shop far and wide. While I did not do bushiness with a dealership on here I (since my purchased predated by awareness of the site), I am sure any dealership represented on this site would be wise enough to treat you very fairly.

7. Jaychang1

I walked out of the KIA store in Louisville by St. Matthews and ended up getting a Ceramic Silver GT2 from FL with 2K miles on it for less than the price they were offering a GT for.

8. Jaychang1

9. Kamauxx

Wow, nice. Was it used or just used a lot as a demo?

10. Jaychang1

It was a car the GM leased and then sold back to the dealership so that I could purchase it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jaychang1

sticker price.jpg

12. Kamauxx

They even tried to make it match the sticker that Kia shipped the car with. How ambitious.

13. Mach_Tuck

Mach_Tuck United States Active Member

Just laugh, shake your head, and walk away...

14. KiaofMuncie

KiaofMuncie United States Kia Dealership Stinger Dealer

What can we do to help you find a Stinger? Please let me know. Thank you!

15. Will be interesting to see how long they have those cars with that type of markup

Draft saved Draft deleted