Welcome to the Stinger Owners Group!

We're so glad you found us. Please click the button below and become a member!
Register Now
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

360 Camera for USA?

Discussion in 'Open Letters to Kia Motors' started by raytrix, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Strtaylor

Strtaylor United States Member Stinger Dealer

Id guess they will make it optional in the GT1 standard GT 2 but could be wrong . They do some crazy , random stuff .

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jayce

Jayce United States Active Member

Thanks for the info. I would rather skip the DIY when multiple sources are saying it should be there next year. Logical thing would be to wait for next year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. This thread is actually so ironic!!!! All about 360 vision......yet there is so little clarity on the different versions/models in the different regions around the world! #JustSaying

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. ballistic

ballistic United States Active Member Founding Member Sustaining Member

we may get some options soon. even if the 2019 comes with 360 camera it would be nice for owners of non-optioned stingers to get it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. AV8R

AV8R Australia Stinger Enthusiast

Perth
    At last I found a solution!

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 5
  6. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States Active Member

I've checked sites a few countries and most get it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ScottE

ScottE Member

This is the biggest feature I'll miss from my Optima SXL, but not enough to wait for the 2019 model. My family will probably miss the heated rear seats more, but I don't sit in the back, so... :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

What year is your Optima SXL? I do love that car. I agree, it's not worth waiting to possibly get the surround view camera in the 2019 model. It sounds like the heated rear seats will be missed but that wouldn't be a deal breaker with me either...

9. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States Active Member

The heated steering wheel is the thing I want more than the around view camera. It has a back up camera and parking sensors front and rear so on that front I’m good. I prefer RWD to AWD so not having the heated wheel on the RWD version is going backwards in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jayce

Heated steering is definitely more important to me than the 360 cam, so much so, that I'm just going to go with AWD. I wish it didn't matter which version you got, but I don't see them changing that. Genesis does the same thing it seems.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kazz

Kazz United States Active Member

The heated steering wheel feature DEFINITELY heats the steering wheel. I've used it a couple of times but turned it off after the wheel warms enough. It can almost get hot. I feel that way about the seat warmers as well. Maybe I'm too sensitive for it. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jayce

My Optima is the same way. I love it like that though. They're not quite as warm in my wife's vehicle and I find myself missing the extra heat.

• Like Like x 1
  13. eflyguy

eflyguy United States Member

Someone may have already answered this, but regarding "at what level" you get the 360 camera, it was an (EXPENSIVE) option on both the M3 and C43 AMG I was considering when I found out about the Stinger.

14. AV8R

Perth
    Did I mention that all aussie stinger GTs have the camera?

15. Jayce

So we just got my wife a 2018 Sorento, and it has the 360 cam in it. I figured I wouldn't need it since I've never had it before, but after using it, I want my next car to have it. Guess I'm stuck waiting now.

• Like Like x 1
  16. AV8R

Perth
    Just like satnav once you had it you never go back!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rufus

Rufus United States Active Member

71-73 Mustang fastbacks come to mind...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Mach_Tuck

Mach_Tuck United States Active Member

Agreed...EXCEPT all other markets have it and some at even lower price points so I feel the price augment is moot. If NO other markets had it...you are spot on.

19. netmag

netmag United States Member

I think someone else on here summed the reasoning up in 1 word: Greed

Kia claims they were willing to not make much money on this vehicle because they were just that serious about making a big splash.
    However, apparently that is not so much the goal in the United States. If you want anything outside of what they're offering, you'll have to just compromise or wait. There really is no particular logistical reason why most everyone else in the world is offered almost everything up front. You could say "Well maybe it's just the distance to the West". However, they can ship various features to Australia. Also, our neighbors in Canada get a better configuration right next door. So it's obvious they "can" do it, but are simply choosing not to. And in fact, they are actually going out of they're way to omit features for the US (changing panels etc.)

Rather than just say "Greed", I actually gave them the benefit of the doubt that maybe it had something to do with the Genesis launch and wanting to stay out of their lane at least at the beginning, but who knows. I can't think of any other reasons, but I think they sell Genesis in Canada too and still didn't limit the Stinger features as much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

I considered the possibility that the Stinger was missing a few features here in the U.S. to allow some breathing room for the Genesis G70 to be more expensive. However, it's taking Genesis so long to bring out the car that I have a feeling the 2019 Stinger - which is supposably being released earlier than usual in the year - will be showing it's face at around the same time. This might mean even the 2019 Stinger doesn't have these options - otherwise Genesis won't be able to sell their car for a higher price. Then again, perhaps the Stinger and G70 will cost about the same. I just don't see why that would be considering the G70 will be lighter, faster, have more power, be more luxurious, and come with better service.

Draft saved Draft deleted