Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

36-month Lease on GT2 AWD

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by Vo Woldanski, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Vo Woldanski

Vo Woldanski United States New Member

Was wondering if anyone here did the 36-month lease deal for the GT2 AWD ?
    It supposed to come with a large rebate....varies from $6100-6800 depending on the dealer..

What is a good deal for this lease?
    Thanks

2. Chris

Chris United States Stinger Enthusiast

There is a huge discussion here somewhere. I think it's called something like introductory lease. Read up. There are a lot of good but differing opinions..

3. Checkin

Checkin United States Newish Member

The base lease rate for $673 a month for a GT2 AWD. (Proof: https://www.kia.com/us/en/build/stinger/2018/trims?trim=125&model=760 - Remove the down payment from the calculator). This does NOT include acquisition fee, disposition fee, taxes, and assumes the sale happens at MSRP (no discount)

$673 * 36 months = $24,228 is the cost of the lease (again BEFORE taxes or fees). (More proof: http://bit.ly/2D0NYOR - that's a shortened Leasehackr calculator lease)

That is an **EXPENSIVE** lease. Name ANY car less than 60K - you can probably lease it for cheaper: Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Genesis, Lexus, Acura, Lincoln, Buick, or any volume brand.

4. Mhol

Mhol United States Member

You are correct. I just looked at the BMW 5 series and the lease is less than $600 a month.

5. iclicku

iclicku United States Stinger Enthusiast

In the other thread I tried to help others by showing them the exact details of my lease. But it really boils down to what are you comfortable paying for.

I am comfortable paying $679.80 USD a month. This is a 36mo/12k lease for a GT2 AWD. This deal is inclusive of all fees, taxes and zero down. All I paid to drive off was 1st mo. payment.

Please dissect and criticise this deal to your hearts content.

I wish that everyone that wants this car get one because I think it is a wonderful car. Unfortunately it is not free and not everyone is in the same financial situation.

Good luck!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Chris

Is it a great lease - no. Is it a ton more expensive than other comparable cars - no.
    BMW ,Audi, Jag all like to advertise ghost leases. These are basically mythical leases that don't exist. If you read the fine print, the lease is only valid for a certain car that has to be on the lot. These cars don't really exist. It's just an ad to get you in the door. All the advertisements and web pages are also leaving out TTL. So that under 600 BMW 5? Not going to happen, for sure not with a loaded car. I can tell you I shopped a Jag earlier this year. The web page had a lease offer for 349 a month. Went to the dealer, picked a car. Lease payment 805. And that was before TTL. I knew it would be more than 349, but wasn't expecting that. I told the dealer to look, the car advertised in the lease existed at only one dealer in the entire us. -- Ghost lease.
    If you go by web pages and forget TTL so you are comparing apples to apples the GT2 is a 585 dollar lease. I think the people thinking they could lease it for 350 bucks have just never really shopped for this expensive of a car before.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

This is so important to know and I think we should actually post this somewhere and make it a sticky. People need to know this because the Stinger is getting a bad reputation from people talking about this and not knowing what the truth is. @Chris, do people generally refer to this as a Ghost Lease? If so, I'd like to start a topic for discussion. Unless you'd like to take the honors. :p

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chris

I don't think people call it a ghost lease, in fact I don't even call it a ghost lease. What I call it is probably not fit to print. Feel free to start a new discussion or whatever. By the way, thanks for the forum Sal! Merry Christmas man.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Mhol

Mhol United States Member

We all have to do what we feel comfortable with. I know the bait and switch you get from dealers. I still love the Stinger. I traded in my BMW for an Optima about 5 years ago.

10. Checkin

Checkin United States Newish Member

No, $585 is the price of the GT2 RWD with 2000 dollars down. It’s 645 without. That’s BEFORE TTL, which means the number will only go up from there.

It’s easy to make any lease look cheaper when you add down payments. I could lease a GT2 for $25 dollars a month if I put down $20,000.

I know everyone wants to be optimistic about this car and the leasing program, but this isn’t emotions - it’s mathematics. You don’t need any special deals to get your “ghost lease”. Holiday lease cash + MSRP discount = less than $645 dollar BMW 5 lease. If you let the dealer do the math for you, you’re not getting your best deal - that’s a guarantee.

But whatever - I’m not posting about this again. The math will change in a month and hopefully it’ll be better than it is today.

11. Kia Stinger

You're very welcome and Merry Christmas to you too!

12. Chris

Haters gonna hate.
    I just got on BMW's web page speced out a 5 as close as I could to the same options as the stinger. Picked the same 36 months at 12k a year. With their current offers if I put the same 2k down the lease is over 800 a month. You have to put 12k on it to get it down to the stinger lease price. (Before TTL)
    I do see an offer on their page for 500 something a month but that is a stripped down model you won't find anywhere, and even if you did I certainly wouldn't want it.
    SmartSelectImage_2017-12-23-14-11-00.png SmartSelectImage_2017-12-23-14-04-07.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Linus

Linus United States Newish Member

Checkin isn't wrong, the current lease on stinger is bad, I love the stinger, tbh, but the current MF and RV kill the lease, bmw offers MF at half of KIA offer, RV is much higher, for $600/month, I can easily lease a fully loaded AWD 440i Gran Coupe

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kia Stinger

Hi @Linus. Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. Are you waiting for a better deal on the Stinger or have you already decided on the 440i?

15. Linus

Linus United States Newish Member

Thanks @Kia Stinger for having me here. I'll wait on the Stinger until better lease deal present itself,I like the Stinger much more than the 4 series, but if nothing changes, I'll have to explore other options.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kia Stinger

I'm glad you found us - and I'm sure those lease deals will improve with time. The car just got here and people are still going crazy over it. That'll all calm down soon. Maybe not soon enough - but soon...

17. AnyVare

AnyVare United States Active Member

IMO - Great lease deals usually come with cars that have been on the market a while and/or the manufacture made too many or didn't sell well. But I totally second the idea that anyone considering a lease....should do their homework well in advance of stepping foot on a dealers lot.

18. Kia Stinger

Well heck, we know for sure this isn't happening with the Stinger! :confused:

19. BarryLI

BarryLI United States Active Member

The website locator has 116 Stingers within 100 miles of here (NY), no GT’s, only black interiors for the Premium model. There were 92 yesterday, they are slowly showing up. Black, white, and silver only so far.

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. AnyVare

AnyVare United States Active Member

It's still early...I expect we'll see much better lease deals by the end of 2018 after the lots have cars on them and the G70 is available.

• Agree Agree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted