Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

3.3 V6 Block Heater

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by SteveCo, Jun 13, 2018.

1. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada Active Member

I bought some OEM splash guards today at the dealer, and while I was there had them show me the block heater they use for the Stinger V6. I hadn't been having much success trying to locate the part number KIA shows online for that accessory.

Unfortunately my picture of the label on the carton they brought out failed to save, but I eventually tracked down a match online - it's a contact oil pan heater by DEFA, that is pressed into contact with thermal paste (supplied) and a simple 'L' bracket to keep it tight to the pan.

http://old.defa.com/file/6b646dc59827/422822.pdf

The picture of it in the installation PDF linked on the page above is visually identical to what I saw at the dealer, though it is listed as a 230 volt version (the dealer's package did have a conventional NA market 115V cord extension).

Note the PDF points out that this is NOT a coolant heater, and does not perform the same as one.

Draft saved Draft deleted