Looking for ways to enhance your Stinger and set it apart from others on the road? Look no further than KDM Warehouse!

2023 Stinger GT Line, anyone having buyers remorse?

KBon

Hello from Vegas! I really enjoy driving this car. I want to love it, but I find myself day dreaming about some very basic features that are missing entirely. Features that were included on the Honda I used to drive, AND the civic before that.
Am I just bitter for not splurging on the GT2? Honestly tho, I don't think some of these things should be considered a "splurge" for what was basically a $40K car after taxes lol. It really just never occurred to me that I should first check for a trunk button because I assumed it had one. Every car i've ever driven my entire life had at least an interior latch or button. That one's actually kind of embarasing - my nice new car doesn't have a trunk button! And no front parking sensors? I kept googling how to turn them on, but then I found out, there just aren't any. It tells me when the car in front of me pulls away, or if i'm about to rear end someone, but NOT if I pull forward too close to something? Something else I assumed it had. (never ASSume haha) the Accord and Civic had front parking sensors, so does my hubbies 10 yr old truck. And a rearview mirror with the homelink buttons? notta. A sunglasses holder? nope. Minor, yes, but really? Not even a sunglasses holder up top? The only missing feature that seems reasonable is the HUD. At least I can understand how that is considered an 'upgrade' only for the higher model. But my Accord had a HUD. Also, I DO have the trunk-thunk after only 1 month of driving (thx for the fix, I will order a kit!)
I hope this car lasts, and that it wont give me any trouble, because I DO really enjoy the feel of driving it, i'm just really really bummed about these pretty basic missing features.

Landshark

my previous car was fully loaded, and i got myself spoiled. i knew i wanted a heated steering wheel after having one, so i got a loaded GT2. as a bonus, the Stinger has ventilated seats and folding side mirrors which the previous car didn't have. the HUD, too ... i thought that would be a really cool feature, but after some time, i could live without it.

you can get a sunglasses case and attach to a visor or double-side tape it to where the sunglasses holder use to be overhead. pretty sure you can get an aftermarket Homelink mirror, too.

do i NEED all the gizmos and doo-dads? no, but i don't like having regerts (regrats?), either LOL

Volfy

My '19 Base Stinger has front parking sensor, something that our Genesis G70 doesn't have. I thought that was kinda strange, but nice.

Mine also has a sunglass holder, but the difference there might be mine has no sunroof, which I'm really glad it doesn't have. I'd much rather have the extra headroom for wearing a helmet at AutoX/track. Most folks probably prefer having a sunroof. I would never use it anyway and rather not have the extra weight and likelihood of leakage and or glass breakage.

As for the sunglasses holder... I used to find it useful, until I found out the brutal Summer heat here tend to cook my sunglasses, to the point where the anti-reflection coating on them started to fail (show micro lines/cracks and a checkered pattern). Not cool. So, I no longer leave my sunglasses there any more.

Don't miss the HUD.

As cars gets more and more expensive, expectations are gonna rise. Mfrs will yield to consumer demand and feel obligated to cram all the tech bits and niceties drivers become accustomed to, which jacks up the average price of vehicles. It becomes a self-feeding cycle.

Kia Stinger

Staff member
Palm Beach, FL
Hello from Vegas! I really enjoy driving this car. I want to love it, but I find myself day dreaming about some very basic features that are missing entirely. Features that were included on the Honda I used to drive, AND the civic before that.
Am I just bitter for not splurging on the GT2? Honestly tho, I don't think some of these things should be considered a "splurge" for what was basically a $40K car after taxes lol. It really just never occurred to me that I should first check for a trunk button because I assumed it had one. Every car i've ever driven my entire life had at least an interior latch or button. That one's actually kind of embarasing - my nice new car doesn't have a trunk button! And no front parking sensors? I kept googling how to turn them on, but then I found out, there just aren't any. It tells me when the car in front of me pulls away, or if i'm about to rear end someone, but NOT if I pull forward too close to something? Something else I assumed it had. (never ASSume haha) the Accord and Civic had front parking sensors, so does my hubbies 10 yr old truck. And a rearview mirror with the homelink buttons? notta. A sunglasses holder? nope. Minor, yes, but really? Not even a sunglasses holder up top? The only missing feature that seems reasonable is the HUD. At least I can understand how that is considered an 'upgrade' only for the higher model. But my Accord had a HUD. Also, I DO have the trunk-thunk after only 1 month of driving (thx for the fix, I will order a kit!)
I hope this car lasts, and that it wont give me any trouble, because I DO really enjoy the feel of driving it, i'm just really really bummed about these pretty basic missing features.
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. I’m glad you found us. Sorry to hear your Stinger is missing some features you like. Just keep in mind how well the Stinger drives compared to the Accord and Civic. I’m guessing the Civic handled nicely, but the Stinger is a grand tourer that rides smooth and handles well.

Snicklefritz

op, thanks for the rundown on missing features! I had not looked into what the 2.5l has or doesn't have and just assumed a few things. the missing front parking sensors is a shocking revelation and probably a deal breaker when I go looking for a lease (planning for later this year). I see no reason for that economy compared to earlier model years with the four cylinder engine. I have a 2.0l which has everything you listed except of course the hatch button inside. that was annoying at first but I adapted. my premium is a my19 and happens to have the smart review mirror (and sunglasses holder too, btw, but only my wife uses it), as well as heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel, smart cruise and rain sensing wipers, pretty much the works. these were all added features special ordered by the original lessee.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

rpoffen

1000 Posts Club!
California
Don't feel bad about the sunglass holder, apparently it was removed from ALL 2022+ trims.
I agree about the front parking sensors, but to be honest, the Stinger is the only car I have had in the last 13 years that DID have them (they all have rear parking sensors and cameras. Included in this list 2010 Fusion Hybrid, 2010 Chevy Traverse, 2015 GMC Sierra truck, 2018 Kia Optima).
I also grew up in the '60s and started driving in 1974 and NONE of these features existed back then, somehow, I survived just fine.

stoopid

1000 Posts Club!
Las Vegas, NV
Don't feel bad about the sunglass holder, apparently it was removed from ALL 2022+ trims.
I agree about the front parking sensors, but to be honest, the Stinger is the only car I have had in the last 13 years that DID have them (they all have rear parking sensors and cameras. Included in this list 2010 Fusion Hybrid, 2010 Chevy Traverse, 2015 GMC Sierra truck, 2018 Kia Optima).
I also grew up in the '60s and started driving in 1974 and NONE of these features existed back then, somehow, I survived just fine.
Removing the sunglass holder is a bit WTF in my opinion, although my prior car didn't have one I'm really liking the fact my Stinger does (2021 model). There's plenty of aftermarket options to add a holder, that's what I did in my prior vehicle.

My base GT has front parking sensors and rear cross traffic sensors. I do NOT have the emergency / auto braking, and hate that feature on our CX5. I had a garage door opening function on my last car and just use a garage door opener on the visor with my Stinger. I think our newer door offers automated opening using the smartphone, it sees when I'm getting close to home and auto-opens. I haven't set this up, paranoid to make my garage door accessible to the cloud. Might want to check on what your door and system is capable of.

In a bubble your gripes are legitimate for your specific wants/desires, but most people who buy the Stinger don't buy it as a luxury vehicle. It's something that looks good and gets off the line quick. The higher trims were available for those who 'wanted it all', and I'm glad they had lower trims for people like me who didn't care and just wanted car go vroom.

JSolo

2500 Posts Club!
People's Republic Of IL
To the OP consider yourself very luck you were able to get the '23 at $40K OTD. You don't specify if its awd or rwd. Either way, still a good deal in today's market.

Lack of a trunk release seems like a no brainer. Even our 2004 pont grand prix had a manner of releasing the trunk from inside the cabin. Delete the sunglass holder... WHY!?@#

Front parking sensors. Eh. drivers should know where the front end of their car ends. I tend to back into spaces so this isn't much of an issue.

Garage door opener. There is an optional dimming mirror which comes with the garage link capability.

Judging by the standard options offered, clearly kia/hyundai find the intrusive safety features more important than some common sense practical features.

jays2000

In the US, the '18 and '19 2.0L models offered a "Premium" package that had most of the premium features, including electronic parking brake and LED headlamps from the GT/GT1s. I incorrectly ASSumed the '21 Sun and Sound package on 2020-2021 models was equivalent to the Premium package, so I hastily bought the '21 model without confirming what went missing. The '22+ GT-Lines actually re-added many of those features, so I see the GT-Line for those years as an upgrade.

For Homelink, I suggest contacting Bob's Mirrors (info@bobsmirrors.com) and he'll hook you up with an easy-to-replace frameless mirror that has auto-dimming and Homelink. It's a plug-and-play simple swap.

The sunglass holder is a casualty of the upgraded Kia Access (or whatever it's called) on MY22+ models. You get more remote connectivity at least. Kia's site even shows the car still has a sunglasses holder... do I smell a class action lawsuit? ;)
1674255162701.png

There was another thread about someone bemoaning the lack of front parking sensors. The car's hood is low enough with a small footprint, so I don't miss the sensors myself.

KBon

haha thx everyone! will def check bobsmirrors! with the community gate & garage, would be nice not to dig around for remotes. and i swear im really not that pissy about the sunglasses holder lol I know it's the tiniest thing, but the 1st time I reached up there, i was like seriously?!!
I remembered another feature I miss from my last car. the walk-away auto lock! sometimes i forget to lock the stinger entirely lol. apparently I can't remember to push a damn button. hard to imagine a person could be spoiled by a Honda Accord lol but the 2.0 Touring was only a tad slower,and it really did have ALL the features, including the driver safety features/lane assist, the homelink, vented seats, HUD, and the darn front parking sensors. I know I probably sound like a honda ad, infiltrating the Stinger forum lol.

I DO love the way my Stinger drives tho. And the brembo brakes are sharp. I have the RWD. I decorated it a tad with the front claw canard thingies, and I got the tuxedo floor mats, which look a tad nicer than my old weather tech mats. now I just need to find some good seat covers, so the black pants I (always) wear don't turn the ivory seats grey! I would also love some black rims

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

stoopid

1000 Posts Club!
Las Vegas, NV
Although I've never had an auto-lock on a car, I'd welcome the feature. The Accord must have been fairly expensive with that features list, top trim I think. You'd have to do the same with the Stinger. Pay to play.

There is something satisfying about the detonator, even though I'm only usually pushing the button with the fob still in my pocket. Al least it's easy to find by feel.

See you on the road KBon. If you see a blue Stinger with a faint Bruins and scorpion sticker on the back latch give a wave.

Transmetal

Stinger Enthusiast
How does the 2023 gt-line not have front parking sensors when my 2020 base awd gt has them? My car also has the sunglass holder. I'd much rather have a sunroof than a sunglass holder though. But then again I wish I had a power tilt steering wheel too.

Transmetal

Stinger Enthusiast
I wish the car came with functional driving/fog lights.
Next best thing.........
IMG_20221025_164309315.jpg
IMG_20220926_112256419.jpg

Provides additional light, like a fog light but is a switch back turn signal as well.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!