3.3TT 2022+ MBRP active exhaust w/ARK DPs

Erocked

Got the new 2022+ active MBRP exhaust installed on my car that already had ARK secondary DPs! I gotta say, it is pretty loud, even in comfort. You have to unbolt the factory electric motors from the valves and bolt them onto the MBRP system with and adapter between to turn the valves. When in comfort, the exhaust flows through a pretty small, straight through muffler. Which in my opinion, doesn't quiet it down enough. There is quite a bit of drone around 2k rpm in both comfort and sport. I don't mind so much in sport but when I daily in comfort, it get annoying. Maybe I'm just old lol gonna see what I can modify on it to at least quiet it down in comfort.

Anyway, made a comparison video showing the difference between valve open and closed.

Snowwhite

Stinger Enthusiast
You need exhaust tips to eliminate the drone.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
My MBRP system is supposed to be delivered Monday.

1. Is the increased noise in comfort due to the ARK downpipes?

2. Do you feel the drone is due to the ARK down pipes or as a result of the MBRP? I’ve been looking into exhaust tips already but haven’t found one I like yet. How far into the stock exhaust tips does the MBRP pipe extend?

I like the way it sounds in sport. I’ll hope mine isn’t too loud in comfort since this is my daily. Thanks for the video.

akch

That's one thing I was curious about. With the MBRP exhaust system for the 18-21 year models, it's a known issue that you need to add tips to the exhaust, to port the noise out from underneath the car, to avoid drone. I choose a Jun BL system to avoid this known issue. I was hoping the next gen MBRP system would have longer pipes to avoid the whole tip addition need.

Skibum

Send videos of your JUN exhaust with ARK down pipes. I’d be interested to hear the difference.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Blueangel

Stinger Enthusiast
Duluth, GA
That’s exactly how mine sounds. Tips will die it down a bit making it tolerable in comfort for daily…

The only tips so far that I’m remotely interested in are Arkapovic. I haven’t seen any oval shaped tips by Arkapovic. Am I missing something? I was trying to keep the oval shape. I like the look. I’ll be installing my exhaust in a couple weeks and would like to have tips before then so I can do the job all at once.

What size inlet and exhaust? I see some that say 3/3.5/4/4.5 inches. I’m not knowleadgeable enough to know what to order and why. Is one length louder than the other. Or is the length simply meant for making sure it exits enough through the bumper holes. TIA for any help.

Last edited:

Erocked

I did have some drone when running the ARKs with the factory exhaust, to me it sounded great in cabin but was quiet outside the car. I think this systems just amplifies the drone to the point of vibrating your brain.

There are no resonators leading to where it splits on each side. The branch with the valve is just straight piped and the branch with the muffler has just a 5" diameter and 7" long straight through, perforated muffler. There's plenty of room for a larger, chambered muffler back there that would quiet it down in comfort while also making the difference between comfort and sport much greater.

The exhaust has 3 sections connected by overlaps. I adjusted the rear section to have the outlets sit at the same position as factory. I could probably make the outlets sit further back.

There's a few things I'm gonna try. First is try the inserts below and tips. If that doesn't help or help enough, I may swap out the actual muffler itself. Screenshot_20221010_051401.jpg

I have a 22 Stinger. I’m trying to take off the OEM chrome decorative exhaust tips to have them Gloss black powder coat. I tried to take them off today without success. theyre attached with 2 bolts (easy to remove). And 2 screws. 1 easy one not easy. The outside/exterior screw is very easy, but I can’t figure out how to remove interior/inside screw. How did folks remove that screw?

AdrianG

Colorado Springs
I have a 22 Stinger. I’m trying to take off the OEM chrome decorative exhaust tips to have them Gloss black powder coat. I tried to take them off today without success. theyre attached with 2 bolts (easy to remove). And 2 screws. 1 easy one not easy. The outside/exterior screw is very easy, but I can’t figure out how to remove interior/inside screw. How did folks remove that screw?
You've commented this same exact comment on 3 different threads.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Erocked

I unscrewed the ones I could get to and cut off the one I couldn't.

You've commented this same exact comment on 3 different threads.
Yes. I was desperate and running out of daylight. trying to get the part in before the shop closed.

I unscrewed the ones I could get to and cut off the one I couldn't.
Thank you. I was wondering if it might come to that.

K8 Stinger Store

Authorized Vendor
2.5" PRO Series Resonator, 16" body, 20" overall, T304

Do you guys think these resonators will help eliminate the drone? On the new 2022 active exhaust.
These do help to reduce the drone, and we already have these listed on our website below.

We would be happy to match the same pricing and offer you a little more of a discount for ordering them from us.

2018-2023 Kia Stinger - MBRP Pro Series Resonator Set - K8 Stinger Store

Just shoot me an email to Sales@K8StingerStore.com & we will get you taken care of.

We do have these in stock now in the states, so you don't have to order from Canada. We offer free same day shipping on them, with 2-3 day delivery or less, anywhere in the continental US.

We also added them as an option to the product page when ordering the exhaust: 2022-2023 Kia Stinger - MBRP Pro Series - Active Electronic Valve Catback Exhaust - K8 Stinger Store

-David