kia stinger store

2022 KIA STINGER SCORPION SPECIAL EDITION ARRIVES

Kia Stinger

Staff member
Palm Beach, FL
Limited-Run Sport Sedan Sure to Sell Out Quickly

IRVINE, Calif., June 1, 2021 – When Kia America unveiled the refreshed 2022 Stinger it teased something special: The Scorpion Special Edition. But little information about this vehicle was provided at the time. Now, just weeks later, the Scorpion is arriving in dealers. Offered in limited batches of just 250 units per month and built exclusively for the U.S. market. It is expected to sell out quickly and is available on the GT2 RWD and AWD variants in three colors - Snow White Pearl, Aurora Black, and Ceramic Silver.

“Stinger was a wake-up call to a segment long populated by European sport sedans when it debuted in 2017 (as a 2018 model). It redefined what enthusiast drivers thought about Kia and proved we could compete against the best vehicles in a hotly contested space,” said Sean Yoon, president & CEO, Kia North America and Kia America. “Since then, Stinger has built a loyal following of those looking for something unique and the Scorpion is set to continue that approach.”

• The Scorpion Special Edition features exclusive blacked out fender garnish, side mirror caps, and darkened exhaust tips
  • Unique body-colored rear spoiler
  • Distinctive 19-inch black wheels
  • Exclusive carbon fiber-pattern trim inside the cockpit
  • Available with a Red Nappa Leather or Black Nappa Leather interior
Pricing for the Scorpion Special Edition is $52,585 for RWD and $54,785 for AWD, excluding $1,045 in destination charges.

Kamauxx

2500 Posts Club!
and $54,785 for AWD, excluding $1,045 in destination charges.

$56k?! :oops:

That's more expensive than a G80 Sport, which is bigger, has the same engine/transmission, is more luxurious, and has three years of post-sale concierge and free maintenance. :thumbdown:

Kia's price creep on the Stinger makes it just a little less competitive with each model year. If they make a gen 2 Stinger it'll be a $60k car for sure.

Last edited:

Snatchell

That's more expensive than a G80 Sport, which is bigger, has the same engine/transmission, is more luxurious, and has three years of post-sale concierge and free maintenance. :thumbdown:

Kia's price creep on the Stinger makes it just a little less competitive with each model year. If they make a gen 2 Stinger it'll be a $60k car for sure.
They may be twins under the hood - but IMHO the Stinger is a way nicer looking car. I think I just saw our local Kia dealer is doing the 3 years of free maintenance.

The G80 looks like any other sedan - and it's not a hatch. I'd gladly pay a little more for a Stinger.

Last edited:

Blueangel

They may be twins under the hood - but IMHO the Stinger is a way nicer looking car. I think I just saw our local Kia dealer is doing the 3 years of free maintenance.

The G80 looks like any other sedan - and it's not a hatch. I'd gladly pay a little more for a Stinger.
Agreed

Kimberly Lazarski

Maine

IMHO at its current price, it's still a bargain. However if they want to breach the $60K mark they need to include rear LSD (Limited Slip Differential), stop holding back the full digital cluster and the upscale upholstery the Korean market gets, and give the engine a bit more oomph, or offer a mild hybrid system like the M340xi offers.

Vonrichthofen

I saw a white one at my Kia dealer. I didn’t like the spoiler. At all! Ruined the whole car. I liked the black wheels though.

Kamauxx

2500 Posts Club!

Looks are subjective.

I was using the G80 as an example of a car that offers more for less. It isn't the only car that people will cross shop against Stingers as they approach $60k, just the first one that came to my mind.

The best things Kia has going for it in it's competition against luxury companies is price and warranty. This "special edition" Stinger costs the same as an S5 Premium Plus, $2k MORE than a fully loaded A5 Prestige (which is only .3 seconds to 60 slower than the Stinger), and about $4k MORE than a 440i Gran Coupe. If Kia gives up the price advantage the only area they'll be competing with lux auto brands in is length of warranty. And since so many people prefer to lease their luxury vehicle the warranties have little relevance.

Last edited:

RogueIV

link to pics 2022 Kia Stinger GT2 Scorpion Special Edition Photo Gallery

I like the wheels better than the normal ones, but don't really care for them being blacked out. The spoiler seems a bit out of place to me as well.

"The package itself will add $1,295 to the Stinger GT2’s asking price." not too bad of a cost tbh. But it's all cosmetics.

Last edited:

Snatchell

Looks are subjective.

I was using the G80 as an example of a car that offers more for less. It isn't the only car that people will cross shop against Stingers as they approach $60k, just the first one that came to my mind.

The best things Kia has going for it in it's competition against luxury companies is price and warranty. This "special edition" Stinger costs the same as an S5 Premium Plus, $2k MORE than a fully loaded A5 Prestige (which is only .3 seconds to 60 slower than the Stinger), and about $4k MORE than a 440i Gran Coupe. If Kia gives up the price advantage the only area they'll be competing with lux auto brands in is length of warranty. And since so many people prefer to lease their luxury vehicle the warranties have little relevance.
What does a lease have to do with a warranty?
Do you mean once the 3 year warranty is gone - the lease is also up, so just lease another? I get that... but...
The fact that a Kia has such a nice long warranty means it's residual value is computed into the lease, meaning a Kia will be worth more at the end of it's lease, making leasing more attractive on a Kia. A BMW without a warranty is... scary as hell! Parts are pricey and so is labor.
Some people are waking up to how attractive a 10 year 100K warranty is - and the leases are nice... Kia is doing it right. Frankly I don't know why other companies aren't jumping on the long warranty bandwagon - if the cars are built well - they have nothing to lose. :)

Snatchell

I've seen worse spoilers...

Russian-Crazy-Cars-Its-Unbelievable-What-They-Build-12.jpg

Seriously - In Florida I once saw a car with 2 octagonal electrical outlet boxes screwed onto the trunk lid and a piece of plastic screwed between them. LOL! True story!

RogueIV

I've seen worse spoilers...

View attachment 59666

Seriously - In Florida I once saw a car with 2 octagonal electrical outlet boxes screwed onto the trunk lid and a piece of plastic screwed between them. LOL! True story!
Ah florida, where driving a LeMons car on public roads is totally normal