kia stinger store

2022 GT-L, AWD system specs?

Axc111

I have tried searching through the group and online and I cannot find the answer. The GT line has a different type of all-wheel-drive system which is not as nice as the GT but is the bias the same? In sport the GT is 20/80. Are those ratios the same for the GT line

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Where did you hear that the AWD is different between the GT-Line and the 3.3L GT?

The most torque that gets sent to the front wheels is 50%; most of the time it is heavily rear biased.

Axc111

The GT has torque vectoring, and D-AWD.
That’s in the booklet brochure and on the website for the GTL line that is not mentioned.

7Andrei7

Bucharest, EU
The GT has torque vectoring, and D-AWD.
That’s in the booklet brochure and on the website for the GTL line that is not mentioned.
I have a RWD GT-Line (Eu spec) and I have torque vectoring. That's because I live in a Temperate Zone. All Eu spec GT Line from the Frigid Zone get LSDs as standard. I think the torque vectoring is the minimum spec across all models, RWD or AWD. The extra, better option would be the LSD (Limited Slip Differential).
As for the AWD system, I would be very very surprised if there would be any difference.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Yes, torque vectoring is standard. LSD (Limited Slip Differential) is the step up. And D-AWD is for Limited models only: in 2019, in the US, the Fed Orange which only released 800 (less than 500 of which were D-AWD); and in 2020 the Indigo which, I believe, was Limited to 500 vehicles, all with D-AWD (could be mistaken about that; but the point is the release was Limited, and D-AWD only comes in the Limited for those two years).