kia stinger store

2020 gt vs 2018 gt2

SneakerB

Newish Member
So im stuck between two options a white 2020 kia stinger gt RWD (12000 miles) vs a black 2018 kia stinger gt2 AWD (41000 miles) there both 35k... I need help i have to travel about 600 miles for the 2020 and only like 2 hours for the 2018
Any opinions help, thanks.

Dan00Hawk

Plainfield, IL
Only you can determine what best fits your needs and desires. Both cars have different colors, different drivetrains, different option levels... What might work best for Joe in Arizona wouldn't be the same for Ken in Minnesota, for example.

What can help is listing the differences on a sheet of paper, and prioritizing each of those differences. Is color the most important, or AWD, or fewer miles, or a newer vehicle/more warranty, or better options? Start there and see if you can figure it out. Good luck!

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Howdy and welcome. That was a good answer Dan. The drive back with the White would be more fun. :D

jthrelf

Only you can determine what best fits your needs and desires. Both cars have different colors, different drivetrains, different option levels... What might work best for Joe in Arizona wouldn't be the same for Ken in Minnesota, for example.

What can help is listing the differences on a sheet of paper, and prioritizing each of those differences. Is color the most important, or AWD, or fewer miles, or a newer vehicle/more warranty, or better options? Start there and see if you can figure it out. Good luck!
Good info. Additionally, I believe the 2018 has the older style badging (Kia emblem on trunk, smaller Stinger script). Small factor, but a factor nonetheless.

Many folks prefer the base GT cable shifter vs. the GT2 electronic shifter. But GT2 HUD, cooled seats, sunroof, electronic hatch and adaptive cruise control are nice features...

G

G-160243

True, i do live in indiana so that awd would be nice

WRXtoStingerGT

1000 Posts Club!
USA
I personally (when buying used) try to always get the newer car if possible... you have the warranty longer... but that's just me... :p

Good luck! :thumbup:

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

JSolo

Chicago
12K miles vs 41K is over 3x difference in mileage. Sure you'll give up some features, but I think the lower mileage is better. Given its newer, resale value should be higher too down the road.

The AWD and the extra options were a big deal to me, but to some people it makes no difference.

Color wise though, I'd rather have the white as opposed to the black. As others have stated, the longer warranty is a big plus on these as well.