Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

2019 Stinger GT Line (Canada) starts at $39,995

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by tofu, Aug 23, 2018.

1. tofu

tofu Canada Active Member

Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 23.15.56.png

Got this in an email.

2. atomiccow

atomiccow Canada Member

Judging by the LED headlights, providing that isn't a generic photo, looks like we'll be able to get pretty well-loaded 2.0L Stingers. At 40k, that's just not a huge savings though...

It is pretty good to see that all Stingers, 2.0 or 3.3, will have the sharper GT fascia.

3. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Man, that is what I was hoping we would get here instead of the dull, boring version they gave us. No offense to anyone but they showed a 2.0T in GT trim at many dealers in the US then the didn’t bring it here. I think the 2.0T would sell better with the GT look.

4. NS_Stinger

NS_Stinger Canada Active Member

I got that email as well but the image clearly says "international model shown" so that image isn't exactly representative of how the 2.0L will look in Canada. Honestly I'm going to be a little let down if the 2.0L looks identical to my 3.3L on the exterior. I do like the higher price point of 40k though, I was worried the price would drop really low and the streets would end up flooded with them like the Dodge Chargers.

5. Manchuz

Manchuz Canada Active Member

At this price point, why would anyone even consider an Optima now. I think it is an attractive price point as those who were eyeing Camry's and Accord's now have another option to look at (and IMO, the Stinger looks much better). I do believe we will start to see more Stingers on the road because of the 2.0's.

But I also agree with your point that I wouldn't want my 3.3L to look identical to a 2.0L, hence why one of the first mods I did on my car was to put a 3.3T and "LIMITED" badge, as I'd knew the 2.0's would be brought here eventually.

6. StingerlondonON

StingerlondonON Canada Member

I agree with the exterior comment as well. I’m guessing the difference will be the engine, Brembos and rims since it’s only 5K less than the GT.

7. Coltt

Coltt Canada Member

From what I've seen so far most dealer are listing them at 41-43 with lots of GT's out there in the 46 range personally the savings are not worth the downgrading from the V6 to a 4 cylinder

8. Cantellu

Cantellu Canada Newish Member

Just had a look at a brand new Canadian 2019 Kia Stinger 2.0 GT Line. Toronto Ontario.
    Looks exactly the same as the GT and GT Limited 3.3. Only way to tell is rear badging that included G-Line wording. Good for 2.0 owners - bad for GT and GT Limited owners...

18" rims, no Brembo's, different rims, No sunroof... Manual gear shifter.. no rear heated seats. heated race steering wheel with reddish GT Line badge. regular leather. Much of the safety features intact..drive modes included . small screen - no nav.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 3
  9. tofu

tofu Canada Active Member

10. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Lots of manufacturers do a sport line which is typically a body kit, wheels, maybe sports seat along with wheels. It’s more of a look than a performance thing, which gets those wanting the look a chance to get it in the form of a “sport package” without the power and performance bits that come on the higher end version. Plus it allow the manufacturers to sell more of the lower spec versions to those that want to pay for the kit without the extra expense of the top trim, to get the look.

11. TyTimp

TyTimp Canada Newish Member

Too bad it doesn't get Nav, adaptive cruise control and emergency breaking. Looks like I'll hold out for a used GT Limited.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Arora

Arora Canada New Member

In my opinion, it is too bad that they still have a very high interest rate for lease (5.99% for 48 months) which when combined with low residual (~40%) makes it more expensive to lease than it has to be.

Draft saved Draft deleted