kia stinger store

2019 RWD Stinger GT 5.0 kill on video

Ozstung

5000 Posts Club!
Western Sydney.
Was he trying? It wasn't even close,

Was he trying? It wasn't even close,
Yeah he was. That brief noise you hear when we went was him. I'm not stock btw. I know the guy. He was shocked. So was the guy in the new supra...that was closer though.

CeramicGT001

Stinger Enthusiast
Maryland
Yeah he was. That brief noise you hear when we went was him. I'm not stock btw. I know the guy. He was shocked. So was the guy in the new supra...that was closer though.
What mods do you have?

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...
Meth is bad(ass) mkay.
I actually haven't installed it yet. Sitting in cargo area in a box...going to Kia next week to fix the crappy clear coat job they did at the dealer. I made them fix it after they put 7 holes in the bumper to mount a front plate holder for a car that doesn't need one...SEVEN HOLES.
Anyway I don't want them seeing it.

General_Vodka

1000 Posts Club!
Moon
I actually haven't installed it yet. Sitting in cargo area in a box...going to Kia next week to fix the crappy clear coat job they did at the dealer. I made them fix it after they put 7 holes in the bumper to mount a front plate holder for a car that doesn't need one...SEVEN HOLES.
Anyway I don't want them seeing it.
Oh yeah I refuse to run a front plate on my stinger. It just looks bad. I am already illegal anyways, so yeah. My Mazda has no front plate and I have 0 issues lol

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Revvdmedia

1000 Posts Club!
Canada
My JB4 Map 2 / Intakes Stinger was not as fast as my lightly modded GT (2015, Intake and a very mild tune)…

Best in the Mustang was 12.92s @ 110mph and 13.19s @ 107.5mph in the Stinger at the local track under similar DA. That was with 6MT in the Mustang, and used Launch control with AWD in the Stinger. Stinger had a way meatier midrange, Mustang was all 4K+ RPM top end, she ripped.

My JB4 Map 2 / Intakes Stinger was not as fast as my lightly modded GT (2015, Intake and a very mild tune)…

Best in the Mustang was 12.92s @ 110mph and 13.19s @ 107.5mph in the Stinger at the local track under similar DA. That was with 6MT in the Mustang, and used Launch control with AWD in the Stinger. Stinger had a way meatier midrange, Mustang was all 4K+ RPM top end, she ripped.
There is something wrong with your Stinger...They are faster than 12.9 out of the box and certainly faster than 13.19.
I mean this Mustang in my video is gapped to hell by mine with not much more done than you mentioned. I am running 11.9-12.1 per Dragy (which has been confirmed to be fairly accurate) and 3.9 to 60.
Edit: The Mustang in the vid has intakes & exhaust.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Revvdmedia

1000 Posts Club!
Canada
There is something wrong with your Stinger...They are faster than 12.9 out of the box and certainly faster than 13.19.
I mean this Mustang in my video is gapped to hell by mine with not much more done than you mentioned. I am running 11.9-12.1 per Dragy (which has been confirmed to be fairly accurate) and 3.9 to 60.
Edit: The Mustang in the vid has intakes & exhaust.

Honestly I figured as much but the best I could attribute it to was either fuel quality or maybe I ended up with knockoff spark plugs. It was noticeably faster with the tune on map 2, so who knows. I was very disappointed to not see 12's at the track, to say the least.

CeramicGT001

Stinger Enthusiast
Maryland
I raced my friends 5.0 recently and we were pretty even from about 40 to 100ish then the mustang pulls away slowly. Didn’t even bother racing from a dig because my friend is still learning the car and he’s not that comfortable launching it. He’d get dusted either way aha.

My Stinger has an intake and downpipe only (AWD) and the 2016 5.0 performance pack has an intake, axleback, and some tune(my friend got the previous owner’s number and he texted him that he left the hand tuner in the glovebox but the dealer claims there was no tuner, not surprised dealers are shady)

Honestly I figured as much but the best I could attribute it to was either fuel quality or maybe I ended up with knockoff spark plugs. It was noticeably faster with the tune on map 2, so who knows. I was very disappointed to not see 12's at the track, to say the least.
Did you change plugs? I fouled one of my Denso's a couple of weeks ago on the old Map 5 running 100 octane (I think the gas was either old, or they were full of crap on the octane rating.
I usually leave it on map 3 with my local stations 93 octane and have never had an issue or abnormal log. After it fouled I didn't really notice it until I would push it in map 3. My 60 times fell to 4.6 seconds in map 2 which was unusual.
I replaced the plugs with the .0020 Denso's and the middle plug on the passenger side was completely screwed. Car is running like a scalded ape right now.

Revvdmedia

1000 Posts Club!
Canada
Did you change plugs? I fouled one of my Denso's a couple of weeks ago on the old Map 5 running 100 octane (I think the gas was either old, or they were full of crap on the octane rating.
I usually leave it on map 3 with my local stations 93 octane and have never had an issue or abnormal log. After it fouled I didn't really notice it until I would push it in map 3. My 60 times fell to 4.6 seconds in map 2 which was unusual.
I replaced the plugs with the .0020 Denso's and the middle plug on the passenger side was completely screwed. Car is running like a scalded ape right now.

I never did get around to changing the plugs a second time. I likely would have tried the NGK's instead of the Densos just to try. My logs never really had a clear indicator of a weaker cylinder or two so I never was fully sure what the deal was.

I never did get around to changing the plugs a second time. I likely would have tried the NGK's instead of the Densos just to try. My logs never really had a clear indicator of a weaker cylinder or two so I never was fully sure what the deal was.
I never got a CEL or a code on mine either. Burger Motorsports is now selling a better Denso plug than the originals they offered. I got 20k miles out of mine before this issue popped up. I will certainly take that any day, as I definitely don't baby the car lol.

I raced my friends 5.0 recently and we were pretty even from about 40 to 100ish then the mustang pulls away slowly. Didn’t even bother racing from a dig because my friend is still learning the car and he’s not that comfortable launching it. He’d get dusted either way aha.

My Stinger has an intake and downpipe only (AWD) and the 2016 5.0 performance pack has an intake, axleback, and some tune(my friend got the previous owner’s number and he texted him that he left the hand tuner in the glovebox but the dealer claims there was no tuner, not surprised dealers are shady)
If you have a downpipe you need a piggyback like BMS or Uncle to get the potential out of it. You would be shocked how much quicker you get.

CeramicGT001

Stinger Enthusiast
Maryland
If you have a downpipe you need a piggyback like BMS or Uncle to get the potential out of it. You would be shocked how much quicker you get.
I’ll be tuning it soon, wanted to wait a year before I started playing with the ECU and it being my daily that I was driving 400 miles a week (before covid).