Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

2019 GT2 AWD pricing expectations

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by Ritz, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Ritz

Ritz United States Member

Anyone have any intel on prices for a 2019 GT2 AWD? Stickers are in the low to mid 50's....which is laughable given that I could just get an Audi A7 or (for some more money) an S7 instead. I'm perfectly willing to write a check in the low 40's for such a car.

I don't see any major changes between 2018 and 2019 other than some extra features being bundled in. 2018 prices are a few thousand lower. Any particular reason to prefer a 2019 if I can get all the features I want in a 2018?

Best,

2. DiabloStinger

DiabloStinger United States Stinger Enthusiast

Maybe 5% off MSRP then incentives... Unless they really want to sell them I'd say that isn't a bad deal.

3. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

If you don't want the 360 camera and remote start, you'll get a far better deal on the last of the MY18s. The same is true of the differences between the trims. I didn't want any of the added on stuff that comes with the GT2; a GT would have been fine, except that I had to have the surround 15 speaker system and the sunroof. By now you can get a GT for well under $40K, and a GT1 for a few thousand more, still under $40K (before taxes and such).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ruturaj

Ruturaj United States Active Member

Remote start is standard on 2019 GT2?

5. MerlintheMad

I was going off the top of my head from what I remembered reading here. That can mislead. Looking over the MY19 GT2 on Kia's website I don't see any mention of a remote start (or anything that looks like it by any other name). :p

6. Ruturaj

Lol, I was pretty sure it wasn't but I agreed to pay for one yesterday without labor charges, so that made be doubtful .

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ruturaj

360 camera, heated rear seats, wireless charging and neutral coasting are new features for 2019. I do assume better paint quality and less TSB. I was able to get 3.5k off MSRP, 600 above trade in value, seat back tray (worth $125) and remote start (worth $500 in parts only) added extra in deal fot GT2 AWD White with red interior. And lease rebate of $6,500. Had issue with KMF, so haven't received the car yet.

Edit: This has been the best deal I could find altogether.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  8. ksti

ksti United States New Member

Wait, so you got $10+k off (3.5k + 6.5k + stuff) 2019 GT2 AWD?

9. MerlintheMad

I don't think that the MY19 paint is going to be any different than the MY18 paint. It's good paint. Some individual MY18 cars have various adhesion issues. That part I think is fixed in the MY19s. But I doubt that the new Stingers have different paint or that it is any thicker.

Iirc, somebody used a paint meter on several Stingers in a dealership last summer and the Stinger was c. 4.3mils. Compared to other cars, most were slightly thicker, up to just over 5.0mils but most were only c. 0.5mil thicker than the Stinger. One surprise was a Porsche lower door which was less than 2.0mils.

But thickness isn't really the bottom line. Quality of paint is second in importance to adhesion; then thickness is last. The Stinger's paint, this year is not a selling feature to say the least. But it is not bad except in a few cases.

Industry standards for more expensive cars are usually higher. And if you want really fabulous paint you have to pay a lot for the car that has it. For example: A brand new restoration of a vintage Porsche by CPR Classic (Manhattan Beach, CA) has 6.0mils of paint and another 6.0mils of clear coat; of course, one of those immaculate restorations costs in "the low six figure range" (Autoweek 5Nov18 page 23). That is the top, unless you get a top end Ferrari, but we won't even talk about that! :p

10. Ruturaj

Yes. Free stuff worth 625, free labor worth may be 200 and 600 above trade in value. So it felt like pretty good deal.

I meant whatever the issue with paint was mostly would have resolved.

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted