Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

2018 Stinger GT Base w/ AWD Lease Offer....

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by Kaylubb, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Kaylubb

Kaylubb United States New Member

Hello everyone. i was offered a 2018 Stinger GT base w/ AWD & kia drive wise @ 43k MSRP, here are the numbers:

MSRP: $43,550
    Incentive: $5500
    MF: .00224
    RV: 52%
    Sales Price: $39,xxx

i have 2016 nissan maxima with 10 payments left on my current lease. They offered me a trade in value of 21.3k and i have a $26.6k buyout amount. Negative Equity was $4,700.

With everything said and done, the lowest they went was 620/mo for 48 months, 10k miles.
    now, im certainly not in a rush right now but these last 2 weeks ive been aggressively calling dealerships and trying to get them to go below 550/mo with my trade. With the 19's coming soon, heck, i might be able to get them to go down to 500 flat with $0 down and zero drive off. Let me know what you guys think.

oh yeah and btw, ive officially decided this WILL be my next car.

2. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Personally, I would wait and get out of the Maxima lease clean then do the Stinger lease to take advantage of the lease cash and a 2019 model or a ridiculously discounted 2018 if there are any left over at that point. The best deal is on a 36 month lease, not a 48, carrying a 52% residual after 48 months seems unlikely. 36 months carries $6800 lease cash while the 48 month plan gives you $5500, some places are doing big discounts on GT2 AWD, not sure where you are but the lease cash on that, $8900, would help negate your negative equity but I doubt you are going to get to $500 with nothing down plus the negative equity on any trim. Do a 36 month to get the best lease cash offer. Check out leasehackr.com, punch your numbers in to see where you end up.

3. Kaylubb

Best thing to do in my situation is wait it out until i have <5 payments left. i already told them i didnt want to do 48 months.
    Funny thing is i had leasehackr out and punched in every single number they gave me for 36 months, 10k miles and i was coming up with 560/mo for a GT2 AWD $0 down and $0 drive off INCLUDING my negative equity and i was told i was "doing something wrong"

Either by december of this year or a quarter into 2019, they should be getting more aggressive with these stingers. another thing to mention was ridiculous money factor even with tier 1 (I was quoted 5.8%) the manager ran a 0% interest quote and came up with a high 400s on that base GT which sounds more reasonable. If KMF can get their act together with interest, these things would be flying off lots.

4. Dave Miller

Dave Miller United States Active Member Stinger Dealer

All Kia leases have a high money factor, it's just how they do leases. High money factor but high lease cash to balance it out. The consumer thinks they are getting a better deal because there's thousands in lease incentives. I don't think Kia will get much more aggressive than they already are - we're already talking about 15-20% off of MSRP in lease cash on a 3 year lease.

It does sound like you were doing something wrong. I'm in a state with no sales tax and I would be lucky to get that payment with employee pricing and no negative equity.

5. Jayce

Jayce United States Active Member

Yeah, something had to be wrong. I've worked those numbers all kinda ways and with negative equity that's pretty much not possible with the current lease numbers. Maybe somehow the negative equity got put in as positive equity. Then it would be probably be possible to get that number.

6. Kaylubb

Perhaps i was doing something wrong. we'll see how the holidays are going to look

7. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Yeah, there is no way with negative equity you would end up that low. The MF is high which is why a lot of folks are doing a lease buyout. Waiting and paying down of paying off your current lease is the way to go.

Draft saved Draft deleted