Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

(2018 Premium) Is the dealership lying to me?

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by ThousandSunny, Nov 6, 2018.

1. ThousandSunny

ThousandSunny United States Newish Member

Hello!

I’ve found what I initially thought could be the stinger for me. It’s a 2018 Premium in blue with all the additional safety features offered, has a heated steering wheel, is in blue (huge bonus points), and is AWD. Two Saturdays ago they offered around $35.8k before taxes and fees.

Jump to just past the end of the month and I see the car offered for a lower price (see the attached image). I think it over for a couple days and decide to contact the salesman I worked with earlier. The online price came back up to $33.4k now and when I showed him the earlier screenshot, he said it was a glitch and that they shouldn’t show double incentives.

So the question I have is: is this the truth or what? I feel like the price was true but since it was the end of the month they offered it to try and get some sales.

Attached Files:

2. washguy

washguy United States Active Member

Thousand buy it online for the cheaper price if its still offered....why not.... Wash

3. Kazz

Kazz United States 1000 Posts Club! Texas Stinger Swarm

Screw the truth. Tell him how much you'll pay and not a dime more and let him and his management deal with it. Don't go in unless they're willing to meet you on that price.

Make up your mind what you're willing to pay. And be willing to walk away. That's the only way to deal with a purchase like this if that's really that important to you.

Good luck!

4. ThousandSunny

Thanks! I laid out that I wasn’t interested in anything other than the prices that were shown online earlier. The salesman told me to check back at the end of the month when they discount the cars more. So I’m going to wait and keep looking. Maybe even see if a 2019 Premium comes up. The wireless charging and ventilated seats are tempting.

5. Doel

Doel United States Active Member

Doesn't matter if he's lying or not, they dictate the price they're willing to sell at and you dictate the price you're willing to buy at.

6. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada Stinger Enthusiast

If they are interested in selling the car for that price, you won't have to check back - they'll be hounding you for the sale. Hope you made it clear you are ready to purchase, and were going shopping elsewhere ... I found that was a great motivator when I was purchasing mine. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ThousandSunny

I did tell him that I was going to be looking around so I hope that lights a fire under them. If not, then it means my Stinger is elsewhere and I know one dealership not to go to in order to find it.

8. Eugene Onegin

Eugene Onegin United States Active Member

What is wrong with those people ?

Draft saved Draft deleted