Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

2018 Kia Stinger GT1 AWD (With Driver Assistance)

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by Moabal, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Moabal

Moabal United States New Member

Hi,

I am looking to lease a GT1 AWD with the driver assistance package. I know what the MSRP and Invoice is for this type of vehicle.

The issue is I have 10 months left on my Kia Optima which would cost me roughly $3,600 to roll over into a new lease.

In your opinion, at what price should the capitalized price be before the $6,300 rebate they are doing this month? What they are quoting me ($777) with the rollover of my old lease seems quite high. I think I can get them down $100 on a monthly basis if its at the invoice price. I am assuming 10,000 Miles per year and Tier 1 credit.

Would appreciate some insight.

2. Indy499

Indy499 United States Member

Probably not the suggestion you want to hear, but my recommendation is to just wait the 10 months and buy a 2019 without having to roll anything over. That's where I'm at now, waiting for my wife's lease to expire in 5 months before I get a new car.

If you're really intent on getting into a 2018, that $3600 amounts to about $120/month. So your quote is really around $650. I've been looking at GT1 AWD with driver assistance, and had a quote at $44,610 (before any incentives) for a car with MSRP of $48,570 in May (amounted to I think a hair under $590/mo with 6% tax paid monthly). Look to get a dealer discount of at least $4k, though you can probably get more since they should be trying to get rid of 2018's (another AWD GT1 I was looking at in May is still on the lot).

3. brancky3

brancky3 United States Member

FWIW I'm paying $560/month for my GT2 RWD @ 10k miles a year. I put 0 down (aside from sales tax of $500 and first months lease payment)

4. Get Stung

Get Stung United States Active Member

I traded in a $1500 car and made them give me 4k for it. $453 mo. 12k 36 month GT with driver assist package. Sticker was 43k

5. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

I think the issue might be what the payoff on the car is. Remaining payments is one thing, what the buyout price of the car is another. If the buy out us higher, that also gets rolled into the payments. Which is why it is so high. I would say wait a few months more, as winter sets in and sales are slow, the incentives go up to move the product.

Peruse the lease but out thread for some more info on it. Use the lease calculator to work the numbers.

Draft saved Draft deleted