Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

2018 GT2 - 10% off MSRP?

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by Calsonicgtr, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Calsonicgtr

Calsonicgtr United States Newish Member

I have been looking at buying a 2018 GT2 in Colorado over the last few months. From what I've read on this forum, I should be looking to get 10% off MSRP minimum to start. After working with dealers in the area, none are willing to get close to that. I'm getting max offers around 8%ish off. Has anyone actually succeeded in getting that 10% or greater? Just doesn't seem like any dealers close to me are willing to play ball.

2. DiabloStinger

DiabloStinger United States Stinger Enthusiast

Yes. I've seen 6-7k off sticker

3. POS VETT

POS VETT United States Member

I've been offered 23% off on an '18 GT2 AWD in blue. My own '18 GT1 RWD was acquired at 22.8% off a week ago.

10% off is weak, that's the kind of discount for a '19 IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Calsonicgtr

Can you detail what region you are finding these discounts on these? Might actually be worth a flight for me to accomplish this. No one in my area is anywhere near 10% off on a 2019. Are you including any discounts in this percentage?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  5. Kgh31386

Kgh31386 United States Newish Member

It won't me post links yet, but search for Koons Kia in Virginia and they're selling their GT 2's for $37,000 with an MSRP of $50,000(you can find theirs on Autotrader too). I called them...they told me they had 6 marked down to this price this week and 4 sold in 18 hours. Here in Austin they offered me a fully loaded GT 2 AWD with MSRP of $52,000(included remote start, etc) for $40,000. I still haven't pulled the trigger just yet...been cross shopping the BMW 440i Gran Coupe. I'm trying to talk myself into a Kia. The 10 year warranty and 15g cheaper than a BMW is helping me along.

6. TimS

TimS United States Member

I am assuming that these 20+ % off prices include the various incentives available? Or are those prices after incentives?

7. Audible Silence

Audible Silence United States Active Member

That's gotta be with all the incentives, which is fine, but only if you qualify. As I see it any gt2 for under $40k is great.

8. Ucinn

Ucinn United States Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member

would think it includes lease incentives, so buyout after that?

9. Kgh31386

Kgh31386 United States Newish Member

The dealer website I looked at said it didn't include the conquest rebate...so that could possibly be another $3,000 off?

10. Calsonicgtr

Thanks for all of the info everyone. I'll keep working on the dealers out here and start looking into out of state options as well.

11. Dave Miller

Dave Miller United States Active Member Stinger Dealer

• Like Like x 2
  12. twolfcale

twolfcale United States Member

@Calsonicgtr You should reach out to Dave if you're willing to road trip your car back from Oregon. Same incentives from Kia that Colorado has, but most dealers I saw in Colorado want to charge a $600-700 dealer fee, which could easily cover your travel costs to pickup from Oregon. I just bought my Stinger from him and had it shipped to Indiana because working with him was by far the best of any of the 20+ dealers I reached out to in the midwest.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Peeso33

Peeso33 United States Member

Congratz on the purchase. Was shipping arrangement an PIA, what was a ballpark figure for the shipping? Thanks.

14. twolfcale

Thanks! I'll be adding info to the purchase thread soon.

Shipping was actually a super easy experience for having never done it before. It was about $1000 for the route I needed, which was 2300 miles. Driver got the car to me in four days - a pleasant surprise. The shipping cost was mostly offset by the fact that Oregon has the $1000 AWD money from Kia that Indiana doesn't have.

Worked with Shawn at Vice Auto Transport and he was super helpful and communicative the entire process - highly recommended!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Audible Silence

Audible Silence United States Active Member

Glad you had good experience. I had my Magnum shipped from Nevada to Florida. The company I used advertised that they used their own trucks. I would have my car in 5 business days iirc. They leased out the work, car took 2 weeks, had to cancel a vacation trip, AND that cracked the bottom of the fascia. Needless to say I'm hesitant to have a stinger shipped to me

16. twolfcale

First of all, sorry your car got screwed up. That’s terrible.

Secondly, no one uses “their own trucks”, everyone in the industry is a broker. They’re looking at all of the trucks running specific routes, and bargaining on your behalf for the best price.

Lastly and most importantly - I can’t recommend Shawn and Vice Auto Transport enough. Car was shipped fast, in great condition, and Shawn was really solid about information and communication.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Doel

Doel United States Active Member

I bought my GT1 at the beginning of October and received 10% off before rebates (paid 37k for the car after rebates). This was the best price I could find within a 3 hour driving distance of me. If you're in an area where these cars are selling well, you may not be able to get that. It really just depends on the region.

18. PhoenixVaz

PhoenixVaz United States Newish Member

@ koonskia.com GT2 RWD - $37,796

All vehicles are subject to prior sale. All prices are special internet prices only. All financing is subject to approved credit. All prices exclude tax, tags, and processing fee of $699. WOW prices include all applicable rebates and incentives

19. Calsonicgtr

Just got this offer from a local dealer on a Black GT2

MSRP: $52,795
    Dealer Discount: $5,280
    Adjusted MSRP: $47,515
    Rebate: $9,000
    Adjusted Price: $38,515

I have my lease buyout estimated at $44,336. Anything look out of the ordinary here?

• Like Like x 1
  20. BlueByYouGT

BlueByYouGT Member

That's cheaper than I paid for a GT1 when the Stinger first came out.

Guess that's good for you but bad for all of our resale values.

Draft saved Draft deleted