Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

2018 demo kia stinger gt2

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by jkim20, Jun 14, 2019.

1. jkim20

jkim20 United States Member

Was quoted $34,500 before taxes and fees.
    about 3,000 demo miles on it

How does this sound?

2. Jacques

Jacques United States Active Member STL Stinger Club

That doesn't seem too bad. The dealership near me has two 2018 GT2 demos, one red with about 4k miles, the other in black with 2k miles. The price on both of those are still in the mid $40k range. Considering used/CPO GT2's have even higher mileage and are priced a little higher, you should consider this one.

One of the good things about getting the demo car besides a much lower price is that your warranty will start the moment you buy it. So, instead of the 60k/100k warranty coverage, it'll be 63k/103k. If you also pull the trigger, find out if it's had its first oil change yet. If not, I'd do it earlier than what the manual says. A portion of that 3k miles are test drives, and you have to keep in mind how people would test drive a sport sedan. :)

3. jkim20

thanks for the input. never bought a demo car before and i dont even know how many butts were on the seat.
    seems like a good deal but would rather pay a bit more for a new one. These kias are holding their stingers and dont want to let go!

4. Jacques

^^^I bought one several months back (2018 Kia Sorento EX V6) that was fully loaded, but was a demo SUV with just under 2k miles. Regional sales manager was driving it for a few months, wasn't used as a test drive car. MSRP was around $35k, but got it for $28k not counting trade in and incentives.

5. Kgh31386

Kgh31386 United States Active Member

Yeah confirm if it was a demo for one of the GM's or managers. Typically those have just one butt in the seat and get driven for a few months/few thousand miles...speaking of which, inspect the seat to see how it's been holding up. If it had a bunch of people getting in and out, you'll notice. If it looks clean, tires and brakes are clean, interior is top notch...go for it. Ask them for $34,500 OTD. Are they selling it as new? If so, do you qualify for the conquest or finance incentive?

6. jkim20

Scratch this . They just called and said it was a misunderstanding. They want 42,500 before ttl. Rip

7. jkim20

Whats a good ball park otd for a gt2. Or before ttl’s?

8. Jacques

If you're looking for a 2018+ and new or demo, lowest I've seen in my area is $43k (same dealership I got mine) for a black one, the same one I mentioned earlier with around 2k miles. This is without any incentives and the like.

9. Kgh31386

Depends on how far you're able to travel. I did some price shopping out of state and got the local dealer in Austin, TX to work with me on price matching.

10. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

Yeah, that is more likely. Your OP was unbelievable. :p

11. MisterMac

MisterMac United States Stinger Enthusiast

Wholesale value of an 18 GT2 ois $33,000 ish. If you pay more than that, you are negative equity that amount, like BAM! Don't buy it

12. Rob M

Rob M United States Member

Negative equity means having a loan balance that is more than the value of the vehicle. It has nothing to do with how much one purchased the vehicle for. Besides, drive just about any car off of any lot and it is worth a lot less than you paid. $34.5k before ttl on an untitled 18 gt2 would be a very sound deal. No dealer will sell you a nice low mileage used one for that amount yet either. Lol, strange thing about car enthusiast forums is that people talk down the value of their prized new vehicle and then get upset when they have to sell it for a pittance when they part with it in a few years.

13. jkim20

Is it that hard to get a decent deal on this car? I really want it. I have plenty of money. It’s just i like getting awesome drals. Nothing feels better than driving the car you want at the price you feel is right. Contacted numerous dealers and all coming in around $53-$55k OTD. Ny tax is 8.875%. Does this seam fair on a GT2? I was hoping to be under $50k OTD. Whats the ballpark estimate of how far below they will sell the car before ttl on a 54k msrp car. Seems $48-$49k is as low as they will go.

14. bluffstinger

bluffstinger United States Member

$34k seems like a good target after lease incentives. 24 months = $10.4k for awd.

this was my deal back at the end of april....

Just leased a 2018 GT2 AWD on Tuesday
    Miles on car = 1,600
    24 month

MSRP = 52,425
    Dealer Price = 42,651 ($9,774 discount)
    Lease Cash = $9,500
    Fees = $999 ($650 acq fee and #349 dealer fee)
    Price before trade = $34,150 (Dealer Price - Lease Cash + Fees)

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. jkim20

I want to finance the car straight out. Trying for under 50k otd. I have plenty of time as my lease is ending in october but i want to get a deal and pull the trigger! Am i asking for too much to be under $50k otd?

16. bluffstinger

Why not lease and buy out right away to take advantage of huge lease incentive?

17. jkim20

I’m not exactly sure how that works. Im in NY. Wouldnt i be paying double tax?

18. bluffstinger

Maybe someone from MY will chime in. There are a lot of lease and buyout threads.

19. Kgh31386

Search on autotrader. You’ll likely have to go out of state. Under 45 OTD is very doable for a purchase. I was able to do under that at the end of last month. This is about to be month end and quarter end for that matter. In a couple of weeks you’ll find a good deal. The dealer here in Austin worked with me on a good deal.

20. jkim20

Wow you got a brand new gt2 under $45k? What dealer? And will they ship to NY?

Draft saved Draft deleted