Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

2.0T 30K Miles Maintenance

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger How To's and Do It Yourself' started by scy, Dec 2, 2019.

1. scy

scy United States Member

I decided to do some maintenance on my 2018 2.0T at 30K miles today.

Spark Plugs:
    • Manual calls for spark plugs replacement at 42K miles for normal service and "more frequently" for "severe usage conditions."
    • OEM plugs are NGK IR SILZKZR8H 9G; Gapped between .034-.036 inch.
    • I bought OEM plugs from the dealer because of reports of counterfeit plugs from online sellers. Part number 1885709085. Dealer OEM spark plugs came pre-gapped.
    • Torque to 14.5-21.7 lb/ft.
    Transmission Fluid:
    • Manual doesn't specify ATF change interval for "normal" service. Manual also says to replace ATF at 60K miles for "severe usage conditions."
    • Kia OEM fluid is SP-IV-RR. Part number UM014CH065. Or Hyundai SP-IV-RR with part number 0023219052.
    • I decided to do a drain and fill with Valvoline Maxlife Multi-Vehicle ATF. 1 gallon part number is 773775. Valvoline's website says that this fluid is compatible with SP-IV-RR. US_Val_ML_ATF_EN.pdf - DocuSign CLM
    • Various Genesis forums posts say that Maxlife should be okay for use with this transmission.
    • I drained the ATF cold and 3.5 quart out of 9.71 quart came out. Make sure you open the fill plug before draining the fluid. I stripped the head of the fill plug and had to replace it. The fill-plug bolt and washer are part numbers 452354E000 and 4532339000. Torque to 16.6-18.1 lb/ft.
    • I couldn't find part numbers for the drain plug or drain plug washer. It's the middle plug "A" in the picture below. Torque drain plug to 16.6-18.1 lb/ft.
    Differential Fluid:
    • Manual says to only "inspect" non-LSD (Limited Slip Differential) differential fluid under normal service. Severe service calls for non-LSD (Limited Slip Differential) fluid replacement at 72K miles.
    • OEM differential fluid is GL-5 75W/85. Part number UM090CH036. Capacity is 1.27 quart.
    • I used Redline 75W/85 GL-5.
    • Exactly 1.27 quart was drained from the differential. The fill and drain plugs are 24mm in size.
    • I replaced the differential drain plug and washer. Part numbers 5307039000 and 5307239000. Torque to 36.1-50.1 lb/ft.

Attached Files:

2. Jalum64

Jalum64 United States Newish Member

Awesome. I was hoping someone would do this. Granted, I've only got 800 miles on my 2.0, but this will come in handy in the next couple of years.

Draft saved Draft deleted