• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Stinger drivers... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

2.0 t base AMP upgrade?

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
I plan on doing my 2.0 this weekend. I'll do my best to take as many pics as possible, but I'm still looking for more info on a factory amp for the base model.
Welcome, Loco. Great first post: you announced your presence and promised pics. No hurry. :D

John Martinez

Chrisopher, Im also in the same situation as you are. I've searched the internet for any information with much resistance. Today, I spent a few hours taking the car apart and trying to come up with a plan for an audio upgrade. My intent was to take out the head unit to varify all of the color codes and to see what type of options are in the back of the unit. But, I ran out of time. I had a hard time getting access to the bottom 2 screws behind the AC controller.
I did notice that there was not an amp in the rear of the base model like the others trims.
I also discovered that there is not a center speaker in the dash board, I did find an unused harness that I suspect is for audio purposes. 20190704_143931.jpg 20190704_145830.jpg

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Chrisopher, Im also in the same situation as you are. I've searched the internet for any information with much resistance. Today, I spent a few hours taking the car apart and trying to come up with a plan for an audio upgrade. My intent was to take out the head unit to varify all of the color codes and to see what type of options are in the back of the unit. But, I ran out of time. I had a hard time getting access to the bottom 2 screws behind the AC controller.
I did notice that there was not an amp in the rear of the base model like the others trims.
I also discovered that there is not a center speaker in the dash board, I did find an unused harness that I suspect is for audio purposes. View attachment 27418 View attachment 27419
Are you saying that the 2.0L has a center speaker mesh but no speaker under it?!

I also discovered that there is not a center speaker in the dash board, I did find an unused harness that I suspect is for audio purposes. View attachment 27418 View attachment 27419
Thanks for the info! I suspected there wasn't a center speaker, and it's nice to know for sure that there isn't an amp.

O_oRaFii

Schaumburg IL
Reviving an old thread. After removing rear cover on passenger side, I did not find base amplifier. Anyone know where it is located? Or which wires I should hook up line converter for after market amp?

Attachments

• IMG_20200423_135654.jpg
    IMG_20200423_135654.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 10
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
Well 4 years later and 2 things happened. One. I own the car. Title in hand and two. Wanting an amp upgrade not so high on the must do list. Partly because cranking the radio while tailgating in a parking lot is impossible with this car or any car for that matter. (You will get a “shut off battery low warning”).

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!