Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

2.0 Performance problems

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by Steven Ruiz, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Steven Ruiz

Steven Ruiz United States Newish Member

Has anyone had problems with the 2.0 jerking violently when accelerating?

2. Robs

Robs Singapore Active Member

Nothing like what you have described. Best to have it looked at, suggest maybe checking the spark plugs and coil pack. If not those maybe the vacuum lines.

3. Clearly Canadian

Clearly Canadian Canada Stinger Enthusiast

I recall reading something similar from one other member. Try using the search function. Have you chipped your car?

4. Steven Ruiz

Have not chipped it

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2018
  5. Steven Ruiz

Yes it's in the shop now

6. mev202

mev202 United Kingdom Active Member

What's it buying? A new frock? Some earrings?

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. DaJackson

DaJackson United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

Can you describe the violent jerking and the situations it happens in?

I had a bit of a shudder earlier today but I was trying to accelerate over some rough road and I thought it was just traction control kicking in but thinking back I don't think I should have lost enough traction for that to happen.

8. Rufus

Rufus United States 1000 Posts Club!

Please keep us posted! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Steven Ruiz

It spudders and jerks when accelerating mostly in the morning or going UP hill.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. StingMe

StingMe United States Active Member

SA333 solves this problem.

11. Steven Ruiz

Finally got MY Stinger back ,they replaced the GDI PUMP and fuel pipe .Seems to be okay for now

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rufus

Rufus United States 1000 Posts Club!

Good to know, and keep us all posted!

• Like Like x 3
  13. A Member Who Left

A Member Who Left United States Active Member

Did anyone get their 2.0 fixed under SA333 after the dealer verified your VIN was part of a problem batch of cars or “secret recall” cars? Took mine in asking about this and the dealer was clueless but did say my VIN was not affected. ???

14. rocket23

rocket23 United States 1000 Posts Club!

YES!! Fuel pump, pipe and a static gear shift logic as well.......seems a lot of the 2017 build dates have had this problem.

15. Eldonna Gillespie

Eldonna Gillespie United States New Member

16. Ms. Sanders

Ms. Sanders United States New Member

Very first issue, had RPM’s well up over 6K/7K at 40-50 MPH with no acceleration. Felt like engine was going out as car dragged/stalled in the middle of the highway.

Screen says no memory card upon start up every time and instructs me to insert one for maps and GPS to work.

Dealership says nothing wrong because they couldn’t duplicate this issue! Told me my car had a computer system recall though. Parts on back-order with no ETA.

Ignition hesitating to start and sputters like it is going to shut of for the first few minutes after starting.

Car started jerking when accelerating on highway like a bucking horse, now they say bring it back again to see if this is a part of the recall and parts needed that they don’t have?

17. rocket23

Sound alot like the stuff the 1st owner of my car went thru!! He had a transmission logic done a wastegate removal X2!!and the fuel line pump replaced.......I have over 1500 miles on her with zero problems, so there is a light at the end of the 2.0 tunnel...my build date was 11/17, yours was right next to mine when the drunk korean came into work that day.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. rocket23

new ecu was installed today, s'posed to throw in the uncle chip mod, but it's just to goddamn windy out.....Next home is going to have a garage!!

19. rocket23

my luck the next home will be a garage!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. rocket23

ecu is in...wind finally died down enough to install with zip ties (and not freezing the fingers).....I'm running a 91 octane + with hotter ngk plugs gapped to .024...started her up...no issue's pedal seems seems responsive.I'll baby her tonight ,work commute, but I'll give it the rasberries tomorrow!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted