Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

2.0 LED Upgrade

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Lighting - Inside and Out' started by Will K, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Will K

Will K United States New Member

Hi All,

First post here with a 2.0 white on black stinger.
    I’m looking to upgrade the stock halogen to led but can’t figure out how to remove the fender cover.
    I removed the top clip but can’t seem to remove the bottom 2. (Picture is attached)
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Will K

Attached Files:

2. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

Hi and welcome (delayed, since you only announced your presence now).

My only "help" is to say, involve the dealership. They'll order the right parts and do the entire thing under warranty. I'm BIG on warranty since I bought my first-ever brand new car. :thumbup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Chyoon

Chyoon United States Active Member

Would they do an "upgrade" under warranty though? There is no manufacturer defect involved.

4. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

I didn't mean they'd replace Halogen with LED for free; they'd just make sure the parts are under warranty and warranty the work that they do.

• Like Like x 1
  5. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

Have you checked your wiring harness for compatibility? Are you sure a base model will be able to operate LED units?

The LED headlights have a features including physical movement of the lenses in two axis requiring direct control from the ECU. They're not just 2-wire bulbs like the halogens.

6. nhcowboy28

nhcowboy28 United States Stinger Enthusiast

I get the sneaky suspicion that the OP is just wanting to swap led bulbs into his OEM non led housing.

To get the actual LED assemblies is like $2k.

And no, it wouldn’t be paid/warranties by the dealer.

And efly is probably right about the connectors too.

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted