Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

2.0 CEL and hesitation

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by DigitalGuru18, Jun 11, 2018.

1. DigitalGuru18

DigitalGuru18 United States Active Member

I’ve seen this problem mentioned in a few other threads and apologize if I am duplicating here. Noticed a very slight hesitation yesterday morning then she drove fine. Just went out on the same route and it was like trying to tame a wild horse with all the bucking and hesitation. CEL came on. Have an appt to drop it off at 3pm today, if I don’t get stranded along the way. Was told I need to speak with a manager about getting a loaner. Yeah, right. That will be a short conversation on my end. Very disappointed.

2. Rufus

Rufus United States 1000 Posts Club!

Were you running a piggyback unit? That sounds an awful like the symptoms chip users are experiencing when they get a cracked spark plug. Please keep us posted! :)

3. DigitalGuru18

Nope. All stock. At the dealer now. Ran great coming here but still has CEL on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. DigitalGuru18

They’re also performing SA341 without me even asking this time!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. DigitalGuru18

So after 2 hrs I was told the CEL meant the engine was not getting enough fuel. Could have stopped at auto zone and learned the same thing. They kept the car overnight to test is “cold” and put me in a god-awful Kia Soul.......orange. They did catchup on any open TSBs though. We’ll see today if they arrive at my same conclusion based on this forum that the fuel pump is bad. They’ve sold about 50 Stingers at Paramount Kia Asheville with apparently no paint issues or this fuel supply issue with the 2.0.

6. DigitalGuru18

Update.....Paramount Kia Asheville cannot duplicate the hesitation and “bucking” problem and say fuel pressure is normal. They’ll give it one more go later today but I guess I’ll be stuck driving a car not knowing when this may happen. I HAVE told of the several online postings I’ve seen regarding replacement of the 2.0 fuel pump. Reaction = “really? Oh well”. If this hesitation happens at the wrong time.....like pulling out into traffic.....I could get broadsided. Guess I will call the GM of the dealer and speak with them. Advice is welcome. Unfortunately I do not have the Stinger line number. It’s with the friggin car at the dealer.

7. Rufus

Rufus United States 1000 Posts Club!

The Stinger-specific # is 855-454-2847. I imagine they'll ask for the VIN, though...good luck!

8. DigitalGuru18

Thanks!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. DigitalGuru18

Score one for Rufus, score one for this forum. Within 30 minutes of calling the Stinger line, I got a call back from Paramount Kia Asheville and they are installing a new fuel pump. Their field tech just “happened to be in town” also.

• Like Like x 2
  10. SOCAL2.0

SOCAL2.0 United States Member

Glad to hear you got it taken care of Nobody said it was going to be easy

11. DigitalGuru18

Not asking for easy. Just a dependable $32,000 car that “isn’t just a Kia”.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted