Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

$1k to spend on what and from where

Discussion in 'The Ultimate Kia Stinger Tuning Forum' started by Stallion, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Stallion

Stallion United States Newish Member

You read it right. I just bought my GT1 4 days ago so I’m looking to add the most bang for my buck. I’d like to spend $1k on performance parts and have no idea what to buy or from where lol. My main goals are quicker throttle response, more horsepower and torque, and lastly better mpg if possible. Please make your suggestions and I’m going to pull from them. Things to consider... I am absolutely not a mechanic so if the parts are self installed I hope they’re ‘for dummies’. Thanks and looking forward to hearing back.

2. xot1

xot1 Korea, Republic of 1000 Posts Club!

• Agree Agree x 11
  3. Terry@BMS

Terry@BMS United States 1000 Posts Club! Authorized Vendor

• Like Like x 8
  4. Jeaddi

Jeaddi United States Active Member

I have this exactly and it’s amazing! The only other thing I would add here is an OCC and you’re set.

• Like Like x 2
  5. nhcowboy28

nhcowboy28 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Stickers. Lots of stickers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 5000 Posts Club!

I knew you would say that !!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

7. robz32

robz32 United States 2500 Posts Club! Texas Stinger Swarm

JB4 all the way

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. BertBert2019GT

BertBert2019GT United States Active Member

I’m a lap3 guy but for a $1k budget

- springs
    - pedal commander
    - JB4

for the win

9. ryan1stinger

ryan1stinger United States Active Member

10. ecko04

ecko04 Stinger Enthusiast

Save it!

Drive your 4 day old car for a bit to get a handle on how things should work, operate, and sound before modding.

Read the forum carefully before making any purchases.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Stallion

I bought this intake also, just waiting for it to arrive. The plugs at the store like suggested by echo?

12. Stallion

Springs?

13. Stallion

Occ?

14. ecko04

spark plugs

15. ecko04

16. Stallion

Update- I purchased the JB4 and pedal commander both with Bluetooth, as well as the BMS intake setup. I am thinking about what ecko just suggested and adding the spark plugs and occ. The JB4 and PComm were installed today...set to map1 and sport.......it seems to hesitate occasionally so I don’t know what that’s about as I’m a total newb.....it sounds like from reading here that it could be my plugs or gas....thanks to everyone who’s replied so far

17. ecko04

@Stallion by reading your posts, you don’t have a clue what you’re doing.

Terry asked, but you couldn’t answer about what octane you’re running. You said whatever the highest is at the pump. What does that mean? Is the highest 89, 91, 93, 104? That matters.

You didn’t know what “plugs gapped” meant. This is in reference to the spark plugs. Did you, at the very least, remove and re-gap the stock plugs, or replace them with a higher quality plug gapped correctly for the JB4?

Have you invested in a decent oil catch can (not the ADD w1 v3.3 dual inlet can)?

These are just some of basic things you should have answered before you began slapping performance parts on your week old car.

You have to read first. Slow down and read. If you’re a total newb as you claim to be, that’s even more of a reason to slow down.

At a minimum an OCC and proper spark plug gapping should be done before the JB4.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Stallion

Hey brother you can screw off with your condescending tone and just try to help or be silent. I don’t know any of you guys from Adam nor have I claimed to ‘know what I’m doing’...in fact one of my threads is titled no idea what I’m doing. You need to slow down and help educate us newbies in a nurturing way so that we’ll listen and learn instead of your feeble attempt which just puts us off from sites like these. I’ve in fact purchased or am purchasing everything you and Terry have suggested...

• Like Like x 1
  19. BertBert2019GT

BertBert2019GT United States Active Member

springs. lol

20. ecko04

I didn’t suggest you buy anything. I suggested you read, see post #10.

Furthermore, if you don’t know what you’re doing then why are you throwing parts at your car without understanding the supporting modifications that should be done? That’s just a recipe for disaster for your week old car.

There’s nothing wrong with learning, but learning involves reading. You’re not the first with a Stinger or JB4. There are countless threads here and on N54 that detail things people have done and the results of those actions. From there, if you aren’t understanding, we can help, but no one here is going to coddle you.

And if telling you, or other fence sitters, to read is in some way offensive then maybe you shouldn’t join a forum where most of the interaction is done by reading what others have posted.

You’re going to get “troll” posts from others when it seems like you’re trolling. I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
Draft saved Draft deleted