Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

19x8.5/9.5 38mm fitment

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, Tires Discussion' started by Adidas_kn, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Adidas_kn

Adidas_kn United States Member

Looking for feedback/ input.
    Will 38mm offsets on 8.5 and 9.5 wheels fit decently? I believe the stock 19's are 30mm front/45mm rear On the RWD..I think the stock 19's are 19x8/8.5. I believe this will slightly suck the front wheels in and push the rear out. The stock rear wheels could probably use a 10mm spacer to sit more flush anyways. I would be reusing my stock tires and buying new TPMS valve stems to swap the sensors over. Aluminum 67.1mm-74.1mm hub centric rings are less than $10 a set so that's not a big deal. I think these would look perfect on my 2019 Ceramic Silver GT1 RWD.. thoughts?

TireRack to put together a set with 32mm front and 38mm rear offsets. $868 shipped with the hub centric rings and lug nuts. Hmmm. That would fit much better.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2019
  2. Ozstung

Ozstung Australia 1000 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

They're imho the best wheels I've seen to date, exactly what I would like. I'm looking for gloss black machines finish as well.

3. Adidas_kn

Yeah these really caught my eye. They fit the style of the Stinger especially with my Ceramic Silver. Just looking for feedback on the offset options.

4. Schpok

Schpok Germany Active Member

I guess it should work good.

I was looking on a german wheel webside and it says this

upload_2019-1-10_9-41-17.png
    VA= Front
    HA= Rear
    ET= Offset

Every wheel that I saw had Offset 35 in the front but I'm in Germany and they are extra picky here so :thumbup:

5. SKStinger

SKStinger Canada Active Member

These will work but you’ll probably want to run a spacer up front. My wheels are 19x8.5 front +35
    19x9.5 rear +35

I’m lowered and will be adding a 5mm spacer up front to make them flush. Rears are perfect. Photo is before lowering.

FYI the stock wheels are not as wide as you referenced. They’re 19x8 front and 8.5 rear.

If it were me I’d look for something with a more aggressive offset. Have you checked out Niche or Stance?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. SKStinger

Missed this post. These offsets are better. A 5mm spacer in the rear would give you a nice stance.

7. Adidas_kn

Why would I need a 5mm spacer out back if the wheels are wider and 7mm farther out than the stock rear setup?

8. SKStinger

Cosmetics. If you aren’t lowered you might not. The stock offsets you posted aren’t accurate. Rear is also +34. It’s just a wider wheel.

9. Adidas_kn

Are you 100% on that for RWD models?

10. SKStinger

11. SKStinger

The 9.5 +38 will be fine on the back. It’s only 3mm off what I’m running and mine are perfectly flush. If you lower it and are picky you may want a 5mm spacer to make them more aggressive.

12. mhal8876

mhal8876 United States Active Member

Nice! Got a pics of it lowered? And what wheels is that? Looking for a flush look too. But don't want any spacer with it cause it's not advisable, just get the right offset is way to go.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  13. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

The offset for the front are a bit on the high side. Wary of clearance of the caliper. Rear offset is fine.

14. MIGULZZ

MIGULZZ United States Newish Member

front will get you 10mm closer to strut and 2mm out on lip of wheel, rear will get you 5mm closer to strut and 21mm out on lip of wheel roughly if I'm right, have you considered a square setup? only reason I say is your tire buying would be easier also youd be able to rotate tires helping with tire life just a thought

15. Adidas_kn

Actually considering that using the rear 255/35r19 all the way around.

16. MIGULZZ

MIGULZZ United States Newish Member

I'm most likely going to do a square setup in spring I hate how the front tire has a stretch to it don't know why they did that but I think its a good option if you find the correct offset and width so everything clears

17. SKStinger

No, not really. I installed them in November and put the car in winter storage so won’t have any until spring.

Wheels are Niche Vosso M204 in anthracite

Draft saved Draft deleted