What did you do to your Kia Stinger today?

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver

Luminary

Sustaining Member +
Northern VA
Does it count if it was spotted in your own driveway?

Stinger 'N Sandwich. :)

20200628_192936.jpg

20200628_192755.jpg

GenesisG70

1000 Posts Club!
Orlando, Florida
s11.jpg s2.jpg s3.jpg s4.jpg

Today I removed the Halogen bulb and replaced for a LED bulb, if an idiot like me was able to do that you can do it, its the simplest cheapest mod that makes the car look so good when in reverse, no yellow lights while reversing and the best thing is that it actually illuminates behind you.
You just need to remove 3 of bad boys holding the light to the chassis, be careful when pulling the light is one piece and be careful not to scratch the paint just give it a pull. Remove the halogen then put the LED and do everything in reverse. Stupid easy and cheap.

OliverNuther

1000 Posts Club!
Brisbane, Australia
Car went in for its 40K service today where they’ve detected a leaky input shaft seal on the transmission. It’s only a small leak apparently and it’s a warranty job so that’s ok but they reckon they’ll need the car for 3-4 days which is a bit of a bummer. Anyone else had this problem? I can‘t recall this being a common problem.
Update.

I hadn’t heard of any leaky transmissions previously and it seems Kia Australia haven’t either. I’ve just had a call from the dealer who tell me that Kia want them to disassemble the transmission then send them photos of whatever part has failed before they’re allowed to fix it and reassemble my car. So now I’m looking at 2-4 weeks without my car. On the bright side they’re giving me a loan car free of charge but it won’t be a Stinger. PITA.

ShannonC

1000 Posts Club!
Update.

I hadn’t heard of any leaky transmissions previously and it seems Kia Australia haven’t either. I’ve just had a call from the dealer who tell me that Kia want them to disassemble the transmission then send them photos of whatever part has failed before they’re allowed to fix it and reassemble my car. So now I’m looking at 2-4 weeks without my car. On the bright side they’re giving me a loan car free of charge but it won’t be a Stinger. PITA.
Don't want to alarm you too much but I'd be more than a little concerned about that process. Recently a former member had a transmission replacement without hesitation due to rough shifts. Push for a replacement rather than a band aid job.

OliverNuther

1000 Posts Club!
Brisbane, Australia
Don't want to alarm you too much but I'd be more than a little concerned about that process. Recently a former member had a transmission replacement without hesitation due to rough shifts. Push for a replacement rather than a band aid job.
ok I’ll keep that in mind thanks Shannon. There’s no actual problem with the tranny AFAIK. It‘s driving normally; no noise or rough shifts or anything, it’s just leaking fluid from the input shaft seal is what I‘ve been told so I am a little surprised at why it’s turning into a drama.

G70 Owner

did I miss this thread? could someone please link it for me

friss

Raleigh, NC
Went out to NCCAR for my first ever track day with ApexFest. Was a lot of fun and got to learn a lot. Car did well in the heat and had 0 problems with power or overheating.

I was running with everything turned off and was able to get the car to slide a little bit (probably right to the edge of my ability to keep it on the track). It was lead/follow for the instructors and mine had a Miata that I could keep up with on the straight all day but his experience really allowed him to get away in some of the curves.

Also the cooled seats were so clutch. 10/10

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 4.35.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 4.45.25 PM.png

ShannonC

1000 Posts Club!
did I miss this thread? could someone please link it for me
There is no thread as it was through personal contact. I also spoke with the Dealer mechanic and it was thought a plate may have started to fail and caused metal particles to spread throughout.

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
is it that hard to simply send me what I ordered ?????
"It is so hard to find good help these days", is the lament of the business owner.

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver
once again, they sent me the WRONG WHEEL. the level of incompetence is staggering. is it that hard to simply send me what I ordered ?????
They?

TimT

A while ago I had a muffler delete done, because it was not what I was looking for in terms of internal drone and just generally obnoxious level of noise outside... Today installed Xforce Varex EVC 2.5" mufflers. Now need to think what to do next: a. keep the rest stock because its a nice MBRP level of sound I would say b. change downpipes to make it a bit louder c. remove middle resonators but risk that its too loud when valves are open. Screenshot 2020-06-30 at 22.49.00.png

StingerGTFan

Newish Member
Virginia
Today I removed the Halogen bulb and replaced for a LED bulb, if an idiot like me was able to do that you can do it, its the simplest cheapest mod that makes the car look so good when in reverse, no yellow lights while reversing and the best thing is that it actually illuminates behind you.
You just need to remove 3 of bad boys holding the light to the chassis, be careful when pulling the light is one piece and be careful not to scratch the paint just give it a pull. Remove the halogen then put the LED and do everything in reverse. Stupid easy and cheap.
I’m going to Advance to pick up some LED’s soon to do this! Surprised the Stinger didn’t come from the factory with LED reverse lights given the fact that every other light on this car is LED!
Brought my 2020 home from the dealer yesterday and threw a coat of Meguiars ULW on. Went down today for some touch ups, dealer washed it in direct sunlight so I’m struggling to get some waterspots off the mirrors :(

GenesisG70

1000 Posts Club!
Orlando, Florida
I’m going to Advance to pick up some LED’s soon to do this! Surprised the Stinger didn’t come from the factory with LED reverse lights given the fact that every other light on this car is LED!
Brought my 2020 home from the dealer yesterday and threw a coat of Meguiars ULW on. Went down today for some touch ups, dealer washed it in direct sunlight so I’m struggling to get some waterspots off the mirrors :(
If you have a 3 inch polisher just buy a polish liquid and polish the glass with a nice yellow or orange pad, it will come off easily or buy Car Pro Spotless it works amazing too.

CARPRO_Spotless_1L__07434.1541095230.jpg cache.jpg cache (1).jpg

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver
Pro Tip........”Never let the dealer wash your Stinger”