[VENDOR][FS]: Kia Stinger K8SS Canbus Control Module - K8 Stinger Store

Kimberly Lazarski

Maine
Hi folks,

Is it possible to integrate this with DroneMobile? If so, what level of control via DroneMobile is possible?

The lack of UVO Intelligence / Link is the only deal breaker for the Stinger GT2 for me.

K8 Stinger Store

Authorized Vendor
Chatsworth
Hi folks,

Is it possible to integrate this with DroneMobile? If so, what level of control via DroneMobile is possible?

The lack of UVO Intelligence / Link is the only deal breaker for the Stinger GT2 for me.
Hello,

This product works completely independent of any other product, so there would be no level of control using DroneMobile.

Good news though, this product will go on sale tomorrow along with 95% of our website during our Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale.

Daniel @ K8 Stinger Store

Authorized Vendor
Hey Guys,

If you are interested in the Canbus Control Module NOW would be the best time to pick one up! We are offering our lowest price ever at 15% OFF, on the module, during our HUGE Black Friday/Cyber Monday SALE Event. You can check out the product page by hitting the blue link below and if you have any questions feel free to reach out.​

K8 Stinger Store

Authorized Vendor
Chatsworth
If the install wasn't so complicated / hard to find a good shop, I'd probably be interested..
Not sure how to reply to this one.

The product controls a ton of different things on the vehicle, and because of that, it requires more of an intricate install.

However, we have had several customers use Geek Squad at Best Buy to do the install without a problem.

Just have to properly research a quality installer in your area, as I'm sure there has to be at least one in your area.

Even a basic alarm or stereo installer could do the install for you, as long as they know what they're doing and are qualified.

Authorized Vendor
If the install wasn't so complicated / hard to find a good shop, I'd probably be interested..
I appreciate the honest feedback and hopefully, I can provide some assistance to help. We have created a CCM Knowledgebase page that includes: Installation guides, Test and Set up a walkthrough, Wiring Diagrams, Detailed Feature Descriptions, and in-depth Programming Information. You can find the link HERE.

Additionally, if you are looking for an installer in your area you can use YELP to help find a reputable performance or aftermarket parts installer and then when you go to the location you can also show them all of this information to confirm that they are capable of doing this type of installation. I saw a post here where someone suggested a car audio place, this could be a good back up plan as well but it might be more difficult to find someone that way.

turboAWD

Sustaining Member
West Coast
I think that guide looks really useful. However, I would only "want" 2-3 features of the module: proximity locking, sunroof control, turbo timer (maybe). I don't need remote start - it doesn't get that cold here. #5-7 are also "might be interesting" features. But I can live without all of them.

If it was a simple plug-and-play like the ECS10, which I do own and installed myself, I would be much more likely to get one to play around with. I fully understand why it CAN'T be that way, but there's no way I want that many potential headaches, or pay someone $400+ to install it, just to play around. I think you know what kind of labor rates people charge in CA.. And I've had cases where I paid good $$ to have just a stereo wired up, and ended up having to redo parts of it. This has the potential to totally mess up the car if they accidentally nick a wire or two and I wouldn't know where to begin to try to troubleshoot that.

Edit: if I still lived in a northern climate where cold/snow was an issue and really wanted/needed remote start, that would change the logistics / expected benefit. Then again, I lived 25 winters in Canada without a remote start feature (cars were all manual) - you just go out, start it, leave it sit in neutral for 10 minutes..

Kimberly Lazarski

Maine
FWIW remote start can be done in modern manuals; the few manuals left tend to have gear selection detection. At least, the WRX STI does, so the remote start can "know" if a car is in gear and disable itself.

Remote start has value even in warmer climates. You don't want to thrash the car before it reaches operating temperature, so if you want to go down some twisty roads as soon as you get in the seat use remote start to warm it up while you take care of other stuff. There is also summer weather when you want to cool the interior before getting into the car, or if you are running into a store for a few minutes and need to leave your pet in in the car with the AC running.

Authorized Vendor
I think that guide looks really useful. However, I would only "want" 2-3 features of the module: proximity locking, sunroof control, turbo timer (maybe). I don't need remote start - it doesn't get that cold here. #5-7 are also "might be interesting" features. But I can live without all of them.
I definitely respect your opinion and can understand where you are coming from. Everyone has to find their own set of priorities when it comes to modifying their vehicles. That is part of the reason why we carry such a breadth of products. A plug & play option would be fantastic but just not available at the moment. If you have any other questions about any of the products feel free to reach out.

zbc1969

Utah
I definitely respect your opinion and can understand where you are coming from. Everyone has to find their own set of priorities when it comes to modifying their vehicles. That is part of the reason why we carry such a breadth of products. A plug & play option would be fantastic but just not available at the moment. If you have any other questions about any of the products feel free to reach out.
my old Acura had a feature where if you held down the unlock button on the fob all the windows and sunroof would roll down. Can this do that?

also I would love a way to disable the loud long beep/alarm noise the car makes when you get out of the car with the fob while it’s running. Can this do that?

K8 Stinger Store

Authorized Vendor
Chatsworth
my old Acura had a feature where if you held down the unlock button on the fob all the windows and sunroof would roll down. Can this do that?

also I would love a way to disable the loud long beep/alarm noise the car makes when you get out of the car with the fob while it’s running. Can this do that?
Unfortunately, this module does not do that. It does have a bunch of cool features, but these are not included.

Authorized Vendor
Are you wanting more comfort and features from your Kia Stinger?
Our K8 Stinger Store Canbus Control Model offers that and much more.
You gain comfort access, remote start, and a variety of other safety features.
This module is one of a kind and makes like infinitely more user friendly in your car.
This does require professional installation but we provide you with all the wiring diagrams and installation instructions.​

Grab yours today or reach out if you have any questions at all and we would be happy to help you out in any way that we can.

zbc1969

Utah
Are you wanting more comfort and features from your Kia Stinger?
Our K8 Stinger Store Canbus Control Model offers that and much more.
You gain comfort access, remote start, and a variety of other safety features.
This module is one of a kind and makes like infinitely more user friendly in your car.
This does require professional installation but we provide you with all the wiring diagrams and installation instructions.​

Grab yours today or reach out if you have any questions at all and we would be happy to help you out in any way that we can.
You come out with install instructions yet?

Authorized Vendor
Will installing the module void my warranty?
Thanks for reaching out with your question. This product wont void your warranty in any way unless it is installed correctly. As long as you have a reputable shop to do the installation you will be good to go.