Painting Brake Calipers on a Lease

RedGTLine20

Newish Member
Hi guys, I just picked up a red 2020 GT-Line. I really love it and am a fan of the Brembo brakes on the actual GT. I want to paint my calipers red somehow, and dont want the cheap looking caliper covers. Any thoughts?

Originally my first idea was to paint them red, and then paint them back to silver before lease end.

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Hi. If they looked good red, I doubt that the dealer would even notice when your lease is up. :) I know that dedicated caliper paint is available. So, this is definitely a thing.

RedGTLine20

Newish Member
Hi. If they looked good red, I doubt that the dealer would even notice when your lease is up. :) I know that dedicated caliper paint is available. So, this is definitely a thing.
Thanks for your response. Paint is my favorite option just dont want to be charged $500 once my lease is up for better looking calipers (IMO). Im also looking at vinyl wrap for the calipers as well as an option. Rvinyl has some that looks decent to use.

Anyone have any experience with this?

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Vis-a-vis repainting a lease: I insisted that I wanted Fed Orange, and the sales manager said that, "If you lease from us, go ahead and repaint the car any color you want." I don't know how common that attitude is, but it seems that calipers that look spiff would not be an issue. I'd definitely paint and not wrap. Paint will hold up better. Calipers require some pretty aggressive cleaning.

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
I rebadged , painted calipers and added several body accessories to my last lease and the dealer actually gave me an additional $1000 for the work I had done .........as for calipers , you could repaint back to stock silver when returning , go for it !

RedGTLine20

Newish Member
So its worth a shot just asking up front
“If I get the calipers professionally painted to look like the Stinger GT’s im not going to be docked a few hundred at lease end right?”

@westcoastGT im just hoping the dealer is going to be as friendly to me as they were to you haha

RedGTLine20

Newish Member
I rebadged , painted calipers and added several body accessories to my last lease and the dealer actually gave me an additional $1000 for the work I had done .........as for calipers , you could repaint back to stock silver when returning , go for it !
I think thats the best course of action. Paint them red and enjoy it for the 36 months, and then just paint back to silver at the end with hopefully the inspector not taking a microscope to them.

RedGTLine20

Newish Member
I ended up picking up this beauty today! $219 a month with wheel/tire protection added
Purchase price: $34,250
Trade in: $12,000
(2015 VW Passat TDI SE with 48,100 miles)
Money Factor: .00179

It drives and goes absolutely breathtaking!

Attachments

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
I ended up picking up this beauty today! $219 a month with wheel/tire protection added
Purchase price: $34,250
Trade in: $12,000
(2015 VW Passat TDI SE with 48,100 miles)
Money Factor: .00179

It drives and goes absolutely breathtaking!
You do look like the cat that swallowed the bird. I still grin like that. I can feel it, I don't even need to look in the mirror.:D