Kill Tally

Lol, Stinger owners are hilarious...and not in the good way... Do you people actually drive your cars... Maybe if you got out more and actually had some fun with your car... And before panties get to twisting, know that I dynoed last week at 478 whp... nut up and go out and see for yourself instead of doubting people who're on the same team.
You don't talk like that in front of people, do you?

Buzzrush

So we've gone from quoting mag times to the c class was rebadged to it wasn't really a c63. Lol, Stinger owners are hilarious...and not in the good way.

Do you people actually drive your cars or just stay on this forum all day regurgitating the same old same? Maybe if you got out more and actually had some fun with your car you'd see what it's capable of with some mods.

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver
Sorry, my tuned GT2 Stinger couldn't beat a C63. Heck, my tuned Stinger can't beat my Tuned MB S550.

Just calling B.S. when it looks like B.S.

When the differential between between stock HP/TQ is 20% more for the C63 and the C63 weighs nearly 200 lbs less, the Stinger isn't going to win against someone who is really racing their C63. The math doesn't lie.
Make sure you let us know when your valve seals go and start pissing oil all over that MB turd of yours.:laugh::laugh::rofl::rofl::rofl:

MisterMac

1000 Posts Club!
El Paso, TX
So we've gone from quoting mag times to the c class was rebadged to it wasn't really a c63. Lol, Stinger owners are hilarious...and not in the good way.

Do you people actually drive your cars or just stay on this forum all day regurgitating the same old same? Maybe if you got out more and actually had some fun with your car you'd see what it's capable of with some mods.

I believe the OP for one reason; I've had the pleasure of running against two previous gen c63 sedans and neither was that big of a deal. Quick off the line, sure, but after mine caught its breath it pulled on them both with ease. And before panties get to twisting, know that I dynoed last week at 478 whp which is more than a c63 from years ago made at the crank, and probably enough to handle even the current c63s.

All I'm saying is stop doubting what this thing can do; nut up and go out and see for yourself instead of doubting people who're on the same team.
More BS.

MisterMac

1000 Posts Club!
El Paso, TX
Make sure you let us know when your valve seals go and start pissing oil all over that MB turd of yours.:laugh::laugh::rofl::rofl:
Wrong car, wrong engine. But, if it happens, you can bet I'll be somewhere make my compliant known. Now, take a long drive down to El Paso so I can leave you in the dust while my valve seals are still good! :D:p:rofl::geek::cool:

BlueByYouGT

C43 maybe?
C63s are notoriously poor performers from a dig. A AWD C43 would probably deliver quicker 60ft times than a 63 of the same generation. I've seen (on YouTube) C43s roast C63s for the first few seconds of a race only to be reeled in later.

I could see a Stinger beating a C63 from a dig. A stock Stinger beating a C63 in a roll race is hard for me to believe, though. I'm not saying it's impossible, just improbable. Like really improbable!

turboAWD

Sustaining Member
West Coast
Sorry, my tuned GT2 Stinger couldn't beat a C63. Heck, my tuned Stinger can't beat my Tuned MB S550.
What about stock S550 vs. tuned Stinger? Pressertech tunes on both?

I think it's conceivable that a Stinger with jb4/E30 (or octane booster) and/or WMI properly set up is faster than your Pressertech Stinger.

BlasterJax93

Jersey shore, NJ
I'm going to guess that it was one of the all too common ebay badge swap C63s. I've seen plenty of fake AMG cars around.
Yano, maybe?! I mean, it did have the quad exhaust setup. Looked like a 2013 amg. Didn't hear his tires spin off the start, he just didn't have that low end torque to push him through from a dig. It was no problem for the awd with a little tune love. No hate, all fun. ✌

ZyroXZ2

Stinger Enthusiast
Welp, my new GTS has finally had some fun time! It seems that once the streets are half empty and there's breathing room, suddenly people thought they had a chance. No losses yet, but that's mostly because by the time people were instigating, I was already on WMI, lmfao... And because they clearly had no idea what they were up against :rofl:

- 2018+ Mustang GT w/ at least exhaust (he caught me testing my WMI, only to find himself getting walked and giving up)
- 2014+ (or whatever the newest remodel was) Lexus IS250 F Sport (yea, the 250; I don't even know why he kept laying into the throttle more and more from the stoplight not realizing I was only at 1/2 by the time he was flooring it; I laid into it and it was over... twice)
- 2017+ Honda Civic hatchback w/exhaust (nope, not an Si, not a Type R, just a regular one that floored it off a turning stoplight, BWAAAAAAAAA his exhaust screamed... and once stomped he became shook and nearly rear-ended another car swerving lanes and ended up just driving the speed limit once he came to recognize his futility in trying to race me, lol)

The more interesting stuff happens during normal driving (like a Tesla Model 3 base that, for some reason, believed he belonged on front of me despite making an illegal right turn from the #6 turn lane on a red light in an attempt to get in front of me in the #7 turn lane, but honked at me when he realized he couldn't as I floored it and pulled away), but I generally find that cars that COULD put up a real fight either stay back or avoid lining up. It's obvious at this point that there is some belief that Stingers are fast, so it seems there is a reputation building up! :D:rofl:

EDIT: Typos and clarity.

Last edited:

ZyroXZ2

Stinger Enthusiast
Welp, my new GTS has finally had some fun time! It seems that once the streets are half empty and there's breathing room, suddenly people thought they had a chance. No losses yet, but that's mostly because by the time people were instigating, I was already on WMI, lmfao... And because they clearly had no idea what they were up against :rofl:

- 2018+ Mustang GT w/ at least exhaust (he caught me testing my WMI, only to find himself getting walked and giving up)
- 2014+ (or whatever the newest remodel was) Lexus IS250 F Sport (yea, the 250; I don't even know why he kept laying into the throttle more and more from the stoplight not realizing I was only at 1/2 by the time he was flooring it; I laid into it and it was over... twice)
- 2017+ Honda Civic hatchback w/exhaust (nope, not an Si, not a Type R, just a regular one that floored it off a turning stoplight, BWAAAAAAAAA his exhaust screamed... and once stomped he became shook and nearly rear-ended another car swerving lanes and ended up just driving the speed limit once he came to recognize his futility in trying to race me, lol)

The more interesting stuff happens during normal driving (like a Tesla Model 3 base that, for some reason, believed he belonged on front of me despite making an illegal right turn from the #6 turn lane on a red light in an attempt to get in front of me in the #7 turn lane, but honked at me when he realized he couldn't as I floored it and pulled away), but I generally find that cars that COULD put up a real fight either stay back or avoid lining up. It's obvious at this point that there is some belief that Stingers are fast, so it seems there is a reputation building up! :D:rofl:

EDIT: Typos and clarity.
AHHHHHHHHHH I almost totally forgot one more, and it was the one where the girl in the passenger seat had her phone up to record!

- 2005+ WRX STi w/ exhaust + unknown turbo whooshy sounding mods (he kept purposely slowing down to get me to go around him, so I went around him spectacularly; once I slowed down and he caught up, he lined up, I looked over and saw his girl with her phone up to the window, and he honked three times; I had a different nozzle on than I do now, but I still handed him a whoopin', lol)

Gargamel

Sustaining Member +
Sweden
Today an BMW x3 wanted to "race a little".. when i started to slow down for the upcoming small roundabout, he was maybe half way the distance we started from, downhill-ish,
Most likly was it an diesel version :cautious:

jdogonroad

Savannah, GA
Anyone played with a new Ghibli S Q4? Was doing some local shopping while in a time crunch. A grey one just about did cheetah flips trying to get it on. Due to heavy traffic, my time crunch and no more than a mile between turn, didn’t have time to play.

But it did get me curious, as I had never seen one before and didn’t recognize what it was. Good lookin car in grey, and seemed to have great pick up.

Was just wondering what the consensus was on them? He’s local, so I’m sure I’ll run into him again.

falanger

USA
Anyone played with a new Ghibli S Q4? Was doing some local shopping while in a time crunch. A grey one just about did cheetah flips trying to get it on. Due to heavy traffic, my time crunch and no more than a mile between turn, didn’t have time to play.

But it did get me curious, as I had never seen one before and didn’t recognize what it was. Good lookin car in grey, and seemed to have great pick up.

Was just wondering what the consensus was on them? He’s local, so I’m sure I’ll run into him again.
I walked away from one repeatedly on a highway last year, and at the time I was on the weakest Jb4 map. That V6 sounds glorious and all but they don't seem too quick in stock form.

falanger

USA
An RC-F just learned he can’t pull on a Stinger, from a roll or a stop. I actually pulled ahead slightly both times
Was it stock? I've run a couple of them and they managed to pull on me off the line but I reeled them in and walked away once the boost hit.

CeramicGT001

Maryland

A guy in my neighborhood has one and we were leaving at the same time, get outside of the neighborhood onto a single lane road and he floors it around 30mph. I was ready and tailed him up to 100mph slowly getting closer to him throughout the “race” so from a roll it would have been maybe half a car length in my favor. Of course when I get next to him on the highway he won’t even look over at me.:laugh: (Mods: intake and secondary downpipe only)

Last edited:

CKeeler

Stinger Enthusiast
Quail Valley, CA
Was it stock? I've run a couple of them and they managed to pull on me off the line but I reeled them in and walked away once the boost hit.
Only got up to maybe 80mph. All I’ve got is K&N drop in filters and MBRP exhaust. If we had more room I probably could have started pulling. I’m surprised though with the fact they are 472hp and 8 speed auto. Must not make close to the same torque band.

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver
Only got up to maybe 80mph. All I’ve got is K&N drop in filters and MBRP exhaust. If we had more room I probably could have started pulling. I’m surprised though with the fact they are 472hp and 8 speed auto. Must not make close to the same torque band.
Interesting observation :geek: :thumbup: