How to permanently turn off the Auto Start/Stop button

DGambit

So just wondering, why is it that so many people seem to hate the auto stop feature so much? I've always read and heard people say they don't like it and it's annoying but why exactly?

Gargamel

Sustaining Member +
Sweden
So just wondering, why is it that so many people seem to hate the auto stop feature so much? I've always read and heard people say they don't like it and it's annoying but why exactly?
Never works in daily usage, nobody know when it will work next time. And always shuts off engine when i need it.

GaryPSU

Newish Member
Among other things, in hot weather, the AC fan slows so much that it gets hot in the car.

RUFFSTUFF

Stinger Enthusiast
Jacksonville Area
Thanks. I’ll try this on my G70. I wish that someone could tell me an easy way to keep selected driving mode from going back to default after each shut off/on? :) And the most ridiculous feature of all is having to turn on the auto high beam option with each start.
So many tears in one post!

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
To me it's a gear head mentality....I need to hear that motor idling,without fail....it must be running period....probably imprinted in my DNA when humans marveled at fire for the first time.

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
I actually did the procedure in this thread, removing the console etc.
but in my wife's telluride, I took a piece of wire strap and inserted the tip of the wire strap between the switch and the console from the top, and it lock the button as is pushed in.... It worked! a lot simpler and no removal of anything!
any chance of getting picture??

M Compact

Newish Member
On my 2014 2 Series and 2015 X1 you can press the disable button and it stays off. Around 2017 the EPA required the system to always default to "On" if it is used in the fuel economy testing. Fortunately I have an inexpensive coding/diagnostic app(Carly) that allows me to reset the default to "Off" on 2017-up cars. I suspect Kia may use a similar system, you'd just need the proper coding software.

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
my solution was simple.......used the tip to a zip tie....snipped off the end and jammed it in the side of the button....stays down and motor stays on.

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
I did the exact same thing on my G70.
course the ole lady saw it and pulled it out and set it in the consol......oh well back in it went.,lol

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
She has a Honda CR-V that I don’t drive often. She‘s not very comfortable driving a “low” vehicle.
She has her sorento and we have the forte for god knows why,lol...not a bad car but it just sits mostly I use it in the winter when the salt is on the road...my stinger stays covered when the salt flies

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
^^^ nice. Our cars are definitely cut from the same cloth. Lol