HELP WITH DAMAGED PART

shotbyfallacy

hey guys I recently purchased a 2020 Kia stinger GT Line. On the highway today some dummy didn't tie down debree in his truck bed and it flew out and hit the front of my car. It straight up knocked off the intercooler grille but the grille is actually fine without a scratch on it. The issue is it appears the under carriage is damaged. I can't find the part I need, one of the parts I saw on a similar post said I need the part number 29110j500 It looks like it will be the part but when I try to see if the part will fit my car on the website it says it won't fit. Maybe because that part is for the 3.3L models and I have the 2.0 Turbo. This is a lease and would prefer not to take it to the dealer, I don't want to go thru insurance as my deductible is 1500$ and I don't want this on my record for something that wasn't my fault! It appears to be the front undercarriage, I'll supply pics hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction!

Attachments

RedCal

Stinger Enthusiast
Toronto, ON
Unsecured cargo is an chargeable offense, I hope you got the plate number and reported them to the police... also it won't impact your insurance as it isn't a collision, but covered by comprehensive coverage (typically with a much lower deductible as well) (at least in this part of the world)

shotbyfallacy

Unsecured cargo is an chargeable offense, I hope you got the plate number and reported them to the police... also it won't impact your insurance as it isn't a collision, but covered by comprehensive coverage (typically with a much lower deductible as well) (at least in this part of the world)
It was on the highway and I was unable to get a plate number:( the reason I fear the insurance is a few years back on the same highway actually there was a dead deer carcus in the middle of the left lane. There was a car to my right so I was unable to swerve out of the way ( this happened at night by the time I saw it I couldn't break quick enough) Insurance tried telling me because it was a DEAD deer it it wouldn't go under comprehensive and it would be counted as road debree im expected to be able to avoid. How BS is that!? So if an unavoidable dead deer circus isn't enough to get them to not hurt me I doubt this debree I can't even prove hit my car would work. Im really trust trying to find the parts I need so I can get this fixed asap. Insurance sucks here in the USA especially in NJ

RedCal

Stinger Enthusiast
Toronto, ON
That follows insurance logic - If the deer ran out in front of you comprehensive. - Stopped standing (or dead) on the road, then collision.
In the case of the truck object if it came out of the truck and hit your car, you should be in the clear. If it came out and was sitting on the road and you hit it then you will be at fault. So choose your words carefully ;)

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Hi, and welcome, despite the negative intro out of necessity. Heh!

"Undercarriage": I am assuming that you mean the undercarriage panel shown closely in your second pic. That is just a plastic coated fiber panel, not too expensive, but more than you're probably expecting. Over a year and a half ago, my front undercarriage panel cost me either $247 or $268 (can't tell from the invoice which is which: I had the panel behind it replaced also; and I assume that it is the more expensive one).

I can't believe that your lower grille got smacked out entirely and no paint damage at all. Amazing serendipity!

The GT Line grille should be the same as the GT 3.3L trims grille. I'm sure the reason for the change to the same grille was to both enhance the car's appearance and make production cheaper by dropping the Base/Premium grille. So, it would make zero sense to have a grille that looks the same over all trims but doesn't fit all trims.