Cosmetics- DIY vs the Pros

DrMario86

Hey folks. Just picked up the Stinger in March and getting started with customizing. Wanted to get some public opinion on what cosmetics are home DIY friendly and what's best left to a shop. I've got experience with loads of basic maintenance and some mechanical work like brakes and suspension but never done anything for show. Can I get a rating of "Easy Peasy", "Risky Biz", or "Le Nope" if anyone wants to share their struggle?
Tint- it's stinkin' hot in the Gulf Coast of the US already but I've seen lots of home jobs turn into a purple mess
PPF- the generic 3M hood strip seems pretty straight forward. Bumper kits are pricey but I do lots of interstate and country highway driving so log trucks everywhere so may be important
Ceramic- Some people dig the "ceramic" waxes, others swear by the actual hardened SiO2 formulas
Vinyl Covers- hood, mirrors, vents, roof, trunk- mostly seen cheesy carbon print but the 2-tone look can be pretty classy
Paint Correction- loving the BOOST LYFE but Kia isn't known for their prowess in factory finishing. Dig the matte of the Ceramic Silver but I think part of that is due to the Orange Peel XD
Feel free to add some things you found to be a big deal as I've most certainly missed a few things. I'm planning to leave the badges alone so I won't have to deal with "wHaT's WiTh ThE sPaRtAn DoOd?" questions. o.o7

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Ceramic Silver is not "matte". It's the most subtle Stinger color and is actually metallic. I have to wonder if you got a "weird" vehicle if you see yours as matte?

Anyway, yes to PPF, hands down, absolutely the single most important "cosmetic". And you are more daring than I am if you are even considering an attack on this yourself.

My car doesn't need "paint correction". Maybe I got lucky. I'd take it to a pro for all of the things that you asked about. But then, you already made a short list of things that you do to your own cars that I never have. So, I guess that makes me a Le Nope. :p

DrMario86

There's some metallic flake but the gloss is really scattered by the orange peel on the hood and rear panels. (Evening lighting makes almost desert tan. Kinda dig it...)
DSC_0269.JPG