12volt.solutions Remote Start

DT88

So just wanted to share some cool news:

12volt.solutions has started today on the Stinger for its next remote start. It is their #1 priority right now so I’m hoping for a very quick turnaround. As most if not all of you know by now, the OEM remote start is very basic and only extends to the range your factory fob can send a signal. This one will have a standard remote start that will use the OEM fob (3x lock). Then if you want there will be an option for a range extender remote similar to the little extra one you get from Kia if you buy the Kia remote start. Finally there will be an option to add a smartphone module (I believe it is around $150 but the subscription will be 100% free the first year of subscription. After that, it will be $39 a year unless CarLink changes their prices. Also it hasn’t been decided if 12volt will go with CarLink or Drone. Drone has various subscription options you can choose from so pricing will vary based on the smartphone platform decided. I personally am hoping for Drone because I like the Drone platform. Some of you may have gone the route of having Best Buy install a remote start and that’s cool too. Well, this will be a cool option to consider because the kit they’re developing has an ultimate goal of 100% plug and play. It should only require you to plug connectors from the kit into the factory connectors and program it (very easy to do) after that. More updates will be coming out as I receive more information.

please Watch this page if you wish to be kept in the loop on all future updates.

Last edited:

DT88

Is this an add-on for cars that do not currently have this feature?
Correct, this would be like buying a remote start system to install on your own vehicle if it doesn’t already have one. Pricing information should hopefully be released this week.

G

G-159917

If it's plug and play. Keeps the car running when the door opens and is cheaper or similar cost to the current option (about $350 on eBay) then I'm in

Only1SheliaKay

Texas Stinger Swarm
Texas
So just wanted to share some cool news:

12volt.solutions has started today on the Stinger for its next remote start. It is their #1 priority right now so I’m hoping for a very quick turnaround. As most if not all of you know by now, the OEM remote start is very basic and only extends to the range your factory fob can send a signal. This one will have a standard remote start that will use the OEM fob (3x lock). Then if you want there will be an option for a range extender remote similar to the little extra one you get from Kia if you buy the Kia remote start. Finally there will be an option to add a smartphone module (I believe it is around $150 but the subscription will be 100% free the first year of subscription. After that, it will be $39 a year unless CarLink changes their prices. Also it hasn’t been decided if 12volt will go with CarLink or Drone. Drone has various subscription options you can choose from so pricing will vary based on the smartphone platform decided. I personally am hoping for Drone because I like the Drone platform. Some of you may have gone the route of having Best Buy install a remote start and that’s cool too. Well, this will be a cool option to consider because the kit they’re developing has an ultimate goal of 100% plug and play. It should only require you to plug connectors from the kit into the factory connectors and program it (very easy to do) after that. More updates will be coming out as I receive more information.

please Watch this page if you wish to be kept in the loop on all future updates.

DT88

Update:

the first Stinger to have one of these remote start kits produced and tested is already complete as of yesterday. When I asked the CEO his thoughts on difficulty of install, time to install, and what his opinions were of how everything is wired up he was optimistic to say the least. I contacted him only a few days ago and to have one already done says a lot. I’m awaiting more info but wanted to share this good news. Thanks!